We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just had news from The Jewel

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
1,678 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Just had news from The Jewel

I just had a text from a friend staying at the Jewel Dunns River. The had their big new years party last night and would you believe Natalie Cole was the entertainment? How cool is that?

ATLANTA
Level Contributor
628 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Just had news from The Jewel

All I can say is......wow

FL
Level Contributor
297 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just had news from The Jewel

That is really cool!

Jamaica
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
2,906 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just had news from The Jewel

it was truly unforgettable. Sorry for the pun.

FL
Level Contributor
297 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just had news from The Jewel

We think your pun was cute :)

We've been counting down till our visit to Jewel. We still have 13 weeks and 2 days to go, but at least now we can say we're going this year :)

Markham, Canada
Level Contributor
211 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just had news from The Jewel

Well, to clarify, the entertainment consisted of one of Jamaican's foremost jazz singers, Karen Smith, plus an amazing sax player plus a band. Natalie Cole was a guest at the resort at the time and she graciously sang Unforgettable for us just after midnight. She was not the entertainment, but she treated all of her fellow guests to a wonderful song and we are so grateful. A lovely lady through and through.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
1,678 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just had news from The Jewel

I stand corrected....

I only had a very brief text from a friend staying at the Jewel to go on. Either way, what a wonderful surprise for New Years!

Orillia Ontario
Level Contributor
219 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just had news from The Jewel

It was an unbelievable New Years. I have never experienced anything like it. Scott and the team did the most amazing job. Having Natalie Cole sing was icing on the cake to a wonderful performance from Karen Smith. We have already booked our second trip. The neat thing was that Natalie was there for 3 days before New Years and everybody respected her privacy even though the buzz was around the resort. Guests and staff showed respect. Speaking of staff, there was never one person that seemed like they didn't want to be there. Everyone always had a smile on their face. I miss it so much and i just got home on saturday.

Ontario
Level Contributor
712 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just had news from The Jewel

It was a fantastic night! Was lucky enough to sit with a fellow trip advisor, and cannot describe how beautiful Natalie Cole sounded. I even saw her dancing to the YMCA song lol.

And I agree with TessaMarie how everyone let her enjoy herself, and not be disturbed as she was there with her family.

I will be posting my review in a bit.....I just got home 1.5 hours ago lol...and I'm already on here!

Edited: 04 January 2011, 01:46
9. Re: Just had news from The Jewel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 July 2011, 05:17