We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private airport transfer

Springfield...
Level Contributor
36 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Private airport transfer

Hey, we have booked a private car from Peat Taylor the cost is $100 and that is for 4 people. There is just the two of us and we are staying at the Jewel. We are arriving in Mobay airport on Jan 12th flying Air Jamaica should arrive around 9:30ish. If anyone maybe interested in sharing the car and cost let me know. $25 a person or $50 a couple. I just want to get to the resort and not wait for shuttle buses and stops along the way.

Canada
Level Contributor
254 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Private airport transfer

I so agree with you, My sister and I did the private shuttle service in the spring and I will continue to do it this way. No waiting for everyone to get their luggage and themselves on the bus. No stopping to drop off passengers to every resort along the way. No stopping for beer (although we had our driver stop at a gas station where we purchased a newspaper and some cold drinks. We were traveling to Ocho Rios to the Sunset Jamaica Grande and were there in less than an hour and a half. My sister had been there previously and it took their bus 3 hours to arrive in Ocho. I paid 60.00 for round trip which I thought was reasonable and it was private just me and my sister. I will continue to travel this way and skip the charter bus :).

Edited: 02 January 2011, 16:41
Mankato, Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,777 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Private airport transfer

Islandgirl, THANKS for posting! I'm trying to get my group of 6 to do a private transfer also. We are gong to SJG and I really don't want to spend the hottest part of my first day crammed in a bus poking along.

Group is getting together next Sat so I'll bring this post to give it one more go!

3. Re: Private airport transfer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2011, 11:13
Moncton
Level Contributor
190 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Private airport transfer

We to are looking for 2 persons to split the transportation to Ocho on the 23 of Feb landing at Montego Bay at 1:45pm. Please let me know and I will make the proper arrangment.Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Nuneaton...
Level Contributor
460 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Private airport transfer

Hi

Check with:

http://reggae-tours.com

I pay over the net. No money changes hands. They have a fleet of vehicles,so there is backup. They are in Montego Bay.

Happy New Year.

Regards,

1november.

Mentioned in this post
Iowa
Level Contributor
1,784 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Private airport transfer

www.ochoriosjamaicatours.com Peat Taylor Tours is a great choice for your transfer. With 4 people or more the prices are very cheap. they can accomodate all sizes of groups as well. We only use this family company after trying many others.

Mentioned in this post
Peat Taylor Tours
Peat Taylor Tours
767 Reviews
Jamaica
Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
117 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Private airport transfer

I lost sleep over this very thing the weeks prior to my trip.

This was the first time ever we had traveled to Jamaica without having transfers included.

I had decided to take everyone's advice and just take a taxi from the airport but since there were 4 of us I was concerned.

Well, my concerns were unfounded. We ended up with a wonderful taxi driver. The cost (including tip) was $80.00 for the round trip for the 4 of us (to Secrets).

We even planned to hire him to take us around the island one day but ended up changing our minds because of Hurrican Tomas.

No worries!

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Ontario
Level Contributor
718 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Private airport transfer

Our group of 4 used Peat Taylor round trip from Montego Bay Airport to The Jewel Dunns River. It was about 1.5 hours to get to the Jewel, that was non-stop. When we left our flight was at 11:25am, the shuttle bus was coming to pick up people at 6:30am....we left at 7:50am with Peat and got to the airport by 9:10am. Lots of time to shop, have a bite to eat and catch our flight.

Springfield...
Level Contributor
36 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Private airport transfer

I booked our transfer with Peat, heard good reviews. That was my concern not wanting to wait for others to gather luggage, stop and do what ever. Did not want an 1.5 hour trip to the resort to take 3 maybe plus hours. Looking forward to our stay at the Jewel next week. Any comments about the resort?

Iowa
Level Contributor
1,784 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Private airport transfer

You guys will for sure love Peat Taylor and his family. If hungry or thirsty there are plenty of stops you could make just let them know. Have a great time on my favorite island with my favorite family!!