We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommended Excursions

Which Ocho Rios hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
255 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Recommended Excursions

We will be there Feb. 21st 28th at the Sunset Jamaica Grande, just wondering what excursions you would suggest as we have never been to Jamaica & would like to try a couple of the better ones. We have been to other Countries & have done the Outback Excursion & 4 Wheelers etc. but realize they could be entirely different, be it better oor worse

Thanks :) Can;t wait to feel that sand & grab the Drink of the Day!!!!!

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
571 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommended Excursions

check out http://www.paulsjamaicatours.com/ for ideas, paul is one if not the best driver in jamaica,

Iowa
Level Contributor
1,784 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommended Excursions

www.ochoriosjamaicatours.com Peat Taylor Tours is highly recommended on thsi site and all over the world. Best prices and inside info as they have lived in Ochi for over 25yrs. I have used them all but it is still Peat Taylor Tours for us all the way, for all that is included the prices are or close to unbeatable. Good Luck and have a great trip

Mankato, Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,776 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommended Excursions

Dunns River Falls is the first thing out of everyone's mouth and there are some informative posts here regarding when to go etc.

We will be there in 9 days for the first time, but other two couples have been many time. They have a long list of things to do. I'll be sharing my info soon and we're also at the SJG.

Iowa
Level Contributor
1,784 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommended Excursions

I still wont climb the falls. Not my thing even after all these years. I have been to them and at the beach but will not go through the tour of the falls. Not my thing. Many cool things to do and see in the area. Fire water is next on my list.!

Toronto
Level Contributor
5,119 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommended Excursions

Fire Water / Burning Pond sounds pretty amazing but I know from reading about it that you need to negotiate the cost up front.

Edited: 14 January 2011, 18:23
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
907 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Recommended Excursions

It depends on what you are looking for but some of my favorites are water tubing on the White River (Chukka Tours), the Zipline Tour (Chukka also.) The blue mountain bike tour is great too but this is more of an all day investment because it isn't close by.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
255 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Recommended Excursions

Thanks so much, I will be sure to check it out!!!!!

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
255 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Recommended Excursions

Thanks so much, I appreciate this, will check it out for sure!!!!

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
255 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Recommended Excursions

Thanks, I appreicate it, I mentioned to Russel we should go there, I hope you have a great trip, looking forward to your posts!!!

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
255 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Recommended Excursions

sorry, when I thnaked each of you, when it said reply back I figured it would be a private reply & you wouldnt have to seee my post too many times lol

But, thanks again everyone, have some homework to do!!!!!