We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SDR SGOR Favorite Resturants

Which Ocho Rios hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
SHEBOYGAN WIS
Level Contributor
123 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
SDR SGOR Favorite Resturants

We will be staying at SDR Jan28-Feb4 and were wondering what resturants were your favorites. We know about the Friday Midnight Buffet and Monday beach party. WE would like to make reservations the day we arrive.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
148 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: SDR SGOR Favorite Resturants

We ate at the Italian rest at Dunns and it was very good. The reef Terrace at SGOR is very good too.

Milwaukee
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: SDR SGOR Favorite Resturants

First of all, I'm going to assume you have either the conceirege or butler service because they are the only rooms able to make reservations.

We liked San Gennaro a lot at SGOR. The atmosphere was wonderful (it is right off the beach and outdoors) and the food was delicious (I liked it better than Valentinos). They have an awesome dessert (I think it was called "Opera"). The reef terrace was also very good. We love snapper and it was very good there.

SHEBOYGAN WIS
Level Contributor
123 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: SDR SGOR Favorite Resturants

We don't have conceriage or butler. We went to Sandals Grand in St Lucia last year and had to make reservations at some of there resturants.{which some we could not get in} and assumed that this SAndals was the same. WE don't mind waiting after all we are on vacation, no rush with a cocktail in my hand.

South Bend, IN
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: SDR SGOR Favorite Resturants

We are staying at SDR in April, and I feel the same way TETO21, to be able to wait for dinner in a laid back fashion sounds awsome to me...we are leaving behind a 2 1/2 year old and a 6 year old, so waiting, and then a long drawn out dinner sounds fabulous!! Have a great time.

Saint Charles...
Level Contributor
174 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: SDR SGOR Favorite Resturants

We have been to SDR four times and the only restaurant that needed reservations was Kimonos. It is Japanese style. You are seated with a group of people around a cooking area and have your own personal cook. It is really nice. I would make those reservations right away when you get there. It books up fast. I hope you have a great time! It is a wonderful resort. We are returning in February and can't wait.

MN
Level Contributor
912 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: SDR SGOR Favorite Resturants

Hands down, San Gennaro's at SGOR (forgive me if I spelled that wrong)

Kimono's at SDR..

Love both of these restaurants, and can't wait to eat at both in April.. =)

Port Richey, Florida
Level Contributor
823 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: SDR SGOR Favorite Resturants

I agree that San Generro on the Riveria Side (Italian) has great good as we ate there two or three times last year. We like it better than Valentino's. We then like Reef Terrace and in third is Arizona's on the beach.

All in all they are all good but that is my preference.