We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunset Jamaica Grand Ocho Rios

Buffalo, New York
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Sunset Jamaica Grand Ocho Rios

We have a trip booked in this resort in Feb. The trip advisor reviews go from the extreme of "great" to "awful."

WHICH IS IT, REALLY??

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunset Jamaica Grand Ocho Rios

I keep thinking the same thing! We too are going Feb 6- 13, I noticed that your from buffalo, so are we!

Canada
Level Contributor
247 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunset Jamaica Grand Ocho Rios

Hi guys, I stayed at this resort April 2010 and will be there in Feb 2011. I have read the reviews lately and this is my observation, if there are some reviews saying they had dirty rooms then the next review says their room was very clean, then one review says they had really bad service while the next review says the staff was great, then I am not going to pay too much attention to the reviews..I know from my own personal experience that I liked this resort. It's all down to personal expectations...if you are really fussy then this may not be the place for you. If you dont' sweat the small stuff then this place is probably for you. It had great pools, very scenic, nice beach , really good ala cartes, good entertainment...awesome location...go and enjoy :)

Mankato, Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,776 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunset Jamaica Grand Ocho Rios

One more sleep and I'll do some recon for ya! We're pretty easy going and haven't given a bad review yet. When you are coming from minus 14 F, green scenery, birds chirping, and that amazing warm sunshine usually has us in a great mood. LOL!

WI
Level Contributor
371 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunset Jamaica Grand Ocho Rios

We were there Jan 2-9 and I wrote the review don’t sweat the small stuff if you want my full opinion….

Food -we never went hungry and I figure if I’m not preparing the meal and cleaning up after it is all good

Room - I will be honest the water was cold one day with very little water pressure, but we were showering at peak time and we blew it off (did not ruin my vacation)

Go with an open mind and don’t sweat the small stuff and you will have a great time. We have stayed both high end and mid in the past and always have a good time. We weren’t even going to go on a vacation this year but this place came along and it was a deal of a life time ($799pp from MN – air-transfer-AI) so we grabbed it and also kept that in the back of our mind when things were a little less than perfect.

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
2,288 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunset Jamaica Grand Ocho Rios

jenny, your timing is great. I still have 11 days of this frozen tundra!

London, Ontario
Level Contributor
191 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunset Jamaica Grand Ocho Rios

Hello,

My wife and I are heading out for Sunset Jamaica Grande tomorrow, when we get back we can share our experiences. We have been to Jamaica twice now, the Grand Bahia Principe in Runaway Bay in May, and Royal Decameron Montego Bay over a year ago. We are thirtysomethings, who are easy going and also "don't sweat the small stuff" while away. Heck, here it is -17 degrees Celsius so anywhere in JA sounds good to us!

Cheers,

Jeff and Jenn

McDonough, Georgia
Level Contributor
728 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunset Jamaica Grand Ocho Rios

This is one of my favorite places to stay in JA.

I was there a couple week ago. It is basically what you make of it.

I love the staff they are great. The food is fine. The rooms are fine. I don't really have any complaints about SJG.

I am always treated GREAT, when I am there.

Try it out for yourselves is my best suggestion.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Sunset Jamaica Grand Ocho Rios

Just returned from our trip to Ocho Rios and Sunset Jamaica Grande. We were completely satisfied with every aspect of SJG.

The resort is very clean. The staff were everywhere constantly cleaning all throughout the day. Everyone was very helpful and so nice. They had lots of activities and themed nights/dinners. We had an excellent trip and would definitely reccomend this resort to others.

9. Re: Sunset Jamaica Grand Ocho Rios

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 January 2012, 06:17