We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sunset grande jamaica spa and resort

Which Ocho Rios hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
202 posts
92 reviews
Save Topic
sunset grande jamaica spa and resort

hi,ive chosen jamaica after having ot change holiday detsination, never been here , ive heard good and bad thinsg about jamaica, is it safe ocho rios locally?? also dos the sunste grand jamaica do clean beach towels every day~? what excursions do they have in regards to catamarans etc and dos anyone know if thes duty free shopping like barbados? any response would be great, i should be pleased but im nervous of coming !! cheers people x

Toronto
Level Contributor
5,119 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sunset grande jamaica spa and resort

Ocho Rios is safe. There should be some df shopping - it is a cruise port, but if not, there's always the airport on the way home - lots of df shopping there.

There is a lot to see and do in the area but I don't know what the hotel offers - here's a link to a site which will give you some good info on the region - visitjamaica.com/where-to-visit/ocho-rios.as…

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
202 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sunset grande jamaica spa and resort

hi, thats great , i shall take a look at the link, many thanks = )

Iowa
Level Contributor
1,784 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sunset grande jamaica spa and resort

Ochi has a ton of stuff to do and many places to shop DF. Take a look aroudn the fourm for many ideas and thoughts about places to see and thigns to do. ALways a party somewhere in Ochi. Good Luck have a great trip

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
202 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sunset grande jamaica spa and resort

hi. dos anyone know if the sell duty free like the do in barbados ?such as clinique estee lauder?In bridge town in barbados they do. you have to Take ya pass sport as they claim tax back cos its so cheap :)

Canada
Level Contributor
247 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: sunset grande jamaica spa and resort

Taj Mahal Mall located in the center of town with 26 duty-free stores.

Mankato, Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,776 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: sunset grande jamaica spa and resort

I just walked by the Taj Mahal Mall and looks really interesting. Just make sure you don't let everyone talk you into going RIGHT when you hit the road! I knew everyone recommended going LEFT towards the clock tower (center of town) but couldn't get my group to ignore the taxi drivers and other helpful "experts". Well they live here Jenny! Last day here and finally got my DH to listen to me.

Came back and told everyone about the great deals we got, LOL!

7. Re: sunset grande jamaica spa and resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2012, 05:23