We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunset jamaica grande need reassurance!.

Which Ocho Rios hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
299 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Sunset jamaica grande need reassurance!.

I just booked the Sunset Jamaica Grande for one week feb.9th. We are flying Air Canada and staying in the renovated oceanfront. Has anyone stayed in the rooms? I just looked at some pictures on the web of some of the rooms at Sunset Jamaica Grande and am now regretting my decision. First time to Jamaica excited and nervous.Any input greatly appreciated. Thanks

Mankato, Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,776 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunset jamaica grande need reassurance!.

I need to know what kind of traveler you are. We spend no time in our rooms and don't sweat the small stuff so we love it. Location is very important to us.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
299 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunset jamaica grande need reassurance!.

I'm a good traveller,so I think. It just might be the unexpected because of first time to Jamaica. We don't spend alot of time in our rooms either. Love the beach ,doing tours, shopping etc.. Not worried about the food, you can always find something. My husband said to just try all the drinks and I won't care about the rooms. So that's what I'm going to do. lol I e-mailed Peat Taylors tour and waiting to hear back. Thanks for the replies,much appreciated. Any other tips? We're north of you up in Winnipeg and it's cold! Someone mentioned coach purses here. Anyone know where to get them? Thanks again.

Orillia Ontario
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunset jamaica grande need reassurance!.

This will be our frist time in Jamaica my wife did not want to go So I booked the tril and did not tell her so now he has to go but put off by the reviews. I to well injoy the drinks and not worry about the little things I'm in Toronto so it wil be alot wamer there then here. We get there on the ( of Feb. for 10 days so maybe we will have a drink together

See you there

Shawn

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
299 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunset jamaica grande need reassurance!.

Sounds great Shawn! We'll be the 50 year old screaming on the waterslide. Yahooo! We'll try and meet at the bar. Toronto can't be as bad as Winterpeg.

Orillia Ontario
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunset jamaica grande need reassurance!.

I well be the 47 behind you with the wife saying grow up and let the kids use the slide to

uk
Level Contributor
41 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunset jamaica grande need reassurance!.

We are also coming from the UK on the 12th of February, freezing here at the moment. Hope to see you all on the slide, we have two children with us so I am sure we will see you on the slides. I too was worried about the reviews but it seems very mixed and we will have to find out for ourselves. Look forward to meeting some new friends in Jamaica.

Canada
Level Contributor
247 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunset jamaica grande need reassurance!.

We will be there Feb 14 and are coming in from Canada, I am looking out the window as I type this and the snow is falling so can't wait for sun and sand. I was to this resort in April to attend my sisters wedding and it was fantastic. You know I have read the reviews as well and the only thing I can figure out is that these people are expecting more than they paid for maybe. I know I loved the location of the resort , the beach was awesome, the food was fine couldn't ask for more, it is not the ritz but it is fine. I have stayed at a few AI in a few different countries and I have stayed at all different price levels I think the key is being flexible and going with the flow. I actually had friends that just returned from there yesterday and they loved it. See you all there.

Edited: 30 January 2011, 19:25
8. Re: Sunset jamaica grande need reassurance!.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2011, 11:13
NB, Canada
Level Contributor
237 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sunset jamaica grande need reassurance!.

My husband and I just returned from the Sunset Jamaica Grande. We travel a lot and we had no problems with the hotel as far as Carribbean standards are. We had a oceanview in the North Tower---unfortunately, once we arrived we realized that the oceanview actually faces away from the main harbour and the resort--but still we could sit on our balcony and look at the ocean--got to see cruise ships leaving port. Not sure what a renovated room looks like as I assume ours was not yet renovated...however, we always had hot water, air always worked and the maids always came and we stayed for 2 weeks.

Hallways had a smell-I thought it was more of a paint smell then musty, although carpet probably is not the best choice!!!

We found things to eat and overall had a great experience. This was our first time to Jamaica and we were worried about the aggressiveness of the tiwn folks but we enjoyed walking around town and had no problems.

Our review will come in a day or two...But enjoy!!!!!

Canada
Level Contributor
247 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sunset jamaica grande need reassurance!.

Glad you enjoyed yourselves. We can't wait to get there.