We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rain?

Which Ocho Rios hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sioux Falls, South...
Level Contributor
290 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
rain?

does anyone know if it REALLY is raining in ocho rios? lately it has said scattered showers but it also said that in my hometown it would be 44 degrees when it was about half that....any input would be appreciated!

vanessa

Ontario
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: rain?

Hi Vanessa. I was in Ocho Rios a week and a half ago and it rained 4 of the six days there. ( not a happy camper was I!!) Something about a couple of cold fronts. Hope its good weather for you!!

yardley pa
Level Contributor
130 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: rain?

Hey,

Planning a trip for next month...sans souci...

What have you heard about the weather?

Im used to Aruba ( never rains)....

Whens rainy season in Jam?

Thanks

Rob

Sioux Falls, South...
Level Contributor
290 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: rain?

ok so i just checked the weather for the next few days and its only a 20-30% chance of rain. i'm not as concerned now...a little rain will NOT ruin my fun! the bars will still be open...

Level Contributor
98 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: rain?

Vanessa and all, we were there Jan 9-16 and though the forecast said chance of rain all week (we were WORRIED), it really was a great week overall. We had clouds day one, clouds and downpour just once day two, early morning shower day three then all sunshine after about 10 am that day and the remainder of the week. Remember there are rainforests/mountains on the island and there is always a chance of rain there. I think usually it's quick shower then back to sunshine. Rainy season is Oct Nov Dec from what I was told. There was a tropical depression that didn't want to leave a few weeks ago, sounds like the reader above had that one whole week of rain before we got there.

Don't worry, it's still paradise.....and a heck of alot warmer and greener than South Dakota (or Ohio where I'm at)!!!

5. Re: rain?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2007, 13:20
Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: rain?

Was there a couple of weeks ago, and we had four days of clouds and rain on and off, and some sun. It could have been better, but as I sit here looking out my window in Iowa City, IA. at snow on the ground and 40 MPH winds, I wish I was back there in the rain.

We still had a blast.

Hope you have a blast to.