We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Couples Sans Souci 2/1 to 2/11, 2011. Photos and review

Which Ocho Rios hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
South Carolina
Level Contributor
17 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Couples Sans Souci 2/1 to 2/11, 2011. Photos and review

Photos and review:

funbeaches.com/couples_sans_souci_views_scen…

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,217 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Couples Sans Souci 2/1 to 2/11, 2011. Photos and review

Lovely Pics:-)

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
1,678 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Couples Sans Souci 2/1 to 2/11, 2011. Photos and review

HI Beachwoman;

We were at CSS just before you were. January 18-25. This was our 3rd Couples vacation and 2nd time at CSS. For us, CSS was a little disappointing this time around. We share the same opinion on the beach party and the gala. Food was just ok and they were very disorganized. Ran out of plates early, ran out of glasses etc. We have never had to play the towel game at Couples before and this year was just awful. Nowhere near enough floaties for everyone either. I had blamed a lot of the problems on the resort being overwhelmed as it was at 100% capacity and some people were being moved to CTI during our stay. I hope they get a handle on things, we love CSS for the nude beach and the scenic property but this year CSA was just head and shoulders above them in service.

FL
Level Contributor
294 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Couples Sans Souci 2/1 to 2/11, 2011. Photos and review

We were there in late Nov/early Dec and had the same situation. Always loved how Couples had a float on every chair, but not this trip to CSS. Also thought the food at the Gala and beach party was not very good--best things went fast and they did not put out more! Did anyone else notice the smell on the property from something burning? We stayed in the rooms near the beach and the smell even got in our room and had us coughing! If anyone has any type of respiratory problems this could really be a concern.

Edited: 27 February 2011, 18:03
Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
1,678 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Couples Sans Souci 2/1 to 2/11, 2011. Photos and review

We noticed a burning smell one night at the Balloon Bar. We were in a penthouse in E block so could not smell it from there.

South Carolina
Level Contributor
17 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Couples Sans Souci 2/1 to 2/11, 2011. Photos and review

We never smelled anything burning, but somewhere between the prude and nude sides of Couples, there are locals living. (You can see the house or houses on the walk to Sunset Beach.) There was a rooter there who would wake us up every morning around 6. That was a good thing, because that's about the time I had to kick Wally out of the bed to save us a floatie and pool chair, LOL! We tracked the rooster down one morning, and his picture is on the photo page. We thought he would make a good Jerk Rooter dish for Beach Night. (Kidding.)

Sarasota, Florida...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Couples Sans Souci 2/1 to 2/11, 2011. Photos and review

Does ANYONE have any "tasteful" (no nude bodies) pics of the au naturel beach at couples sans souci?

Please email them to me at judyprescott111@aol.com - thanks!!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,181 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Couples Sans Souci 2/1 to 2/11, 2011. Photos and review

I sent you an email with a link. We took photos at sunset, (the only time photos are "allowed") Whether or not some people do take day time photos being careful not to include any nudity, I don't know. I guess you'll find out :)

8. Re: Couples Sans Souci 2/1 to 2/11, 2011. Photos and review

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 05:15