We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to go in Jamaica.. negril, ocho rios or montego.. ?

t39
ontario
Level Contributor
84 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Where to go in Jamaica.. negril, ocho rios or montego.. ?

We would like to go to jamaica this winter.. couple (early 40's) with a 13 year old boy. Looking for a place with lots to do to entertain the teenager. any suggestions? is it smart to stay in montego and do day trips to the others?

Los Angeles...
1 post
Save Reply
21. Re: Where to go in Jamaica.. negril, ocho rios or montego.. ?

I've heard a lot about roaches.. did you see many. As I'm set to stay at the Riu in August and I can't bare roaches.

Midwest
Level Contributor
1,156 posts
456 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Where to go in Jamaica.. negril, ocho rios or montego.. ?

I saw one roach this entire trip. A tiny one in a hallway. I don't know what it is with all the complaints about roaches. They've never been a problem on our trips. I think we killed one in the bathroom on one trip. Which I consider no big deal. It's the tropics, after all. There are bugs. Some bugs will get inside on occasion. I've been very impressed with the cleanliness of Riu properties.

Islip, New York...
4 posts
Save Reply
23. Re: Where to go in Jamaica.. negril, ocho rios or montego.. ?

Can anyone give me any information on the Blue Hole in Ocho rios? Getting transportation,etc? Any info would br great- thanks!

Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Where to go in Jamaica.. negril, ocho rios or montego.. ?

@Deborah, check out www.jamaicaxplored.com see if that helps.

West Harrison...
1 post
Save Reply
25. Re: Where to go in Jamaica.. negril, ocho rios or montego.. ?

Just returned today from Riu Negril...TERRIBLE..DONT GO! Beach is littered with garbage. Called 4 times to have air conditioner checked and no one ever showed. Husband returned towels our last day at 10 minutes till closing time of the towel shack and the staff person told him not to wait till the last minute next time because he would not except them. I should add that we have stayed at a Riu resort in Mexico and it was a completely different experience which is why I didnt pay much attention to the reviews when I booked Negril. We are not picky people, but this place is the PITS!

Timmins, Canada
Level Contributor
95 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Where to go in Jamaica.. negril, ocho rios or montego.. ?

Is there much shade at the jamicia grande.

Timmins, Canada
Level Contributor
95 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Where to go in Jamaica.. negril, ocho rios or montego.. ?

Is there much shade at the jamaica grande in ocho rios?

Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Where to go in Jamaica.. negril, ocho rios or montego.. ?

There is quite a bit of shade on the South Tower Beach, of course you are aware that this resort will be closed September to January........

Timmins, Canada
Level Contributor
95 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Where to go in Jamaica.. negril, ocho rios or montego.. ?

Thanks.

30. Re: Where to go in Jamaica.. negril, ocho rios or montego.. ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2015, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Ocho Rios
Recent Conversations