We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I have just returned from a fantastic trip to Royal...

washington dc
1 post
Save Topic
I have just returned from a fantastic trip to Royal...

I cannot sing the praises enough of the Royal Plantation Inn..Peter Fraser and his staff.The pick up at the Airport went extremely smoothly.Arriving at the hotel I was met by a member staff who seated me in the recption area with a cold towel to cool my face and a fresh glass of island juice.NO standing in line to check in.. filled out my checkin forms right there and then off to my suite.With a welcome like that I knew this was going to be a first class experience and I was never disappointed.

This porperty is simply beautiful - old world elegance, with a staff thats all smiles and extremely well mannered and always eager to help.If you are a nature lover or gardening is your hobby - you will enjoy the magnificent landscaping and as a spcial treat walk by the spa - there is always a wonderful smell of lemongrass oils throughout the gardens aronud the spa...to bask in the sun on their beaches with rose water being spritzed on me ever so often was just magical..I could go on and on..but you have to experience it yourself..Thansk to Royal plantation Inn to staring my year off with such a memorable visit. 10 stars.

Level Contributor
1,291 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I have just returned from a fantastic trip to Royal...

I am so happy that you enjoyed the resort, along with all the other great reviews on trip advisor...I am going at the end of June for my first anniversary...I am counting the days! Try to post some pictures with a review on trip advisor!

Level Contributor
1,291 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I have just returned from a fantastic trip to Royal...

Also, did men have to wear jackets in the one dressy restaurant..The website says optional , but someone else said its required!

illinois
Level Contributor
568 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I have just returned from a fantastic trip to Royal...

The Royal Plantation is a dream holdiay. My husband and I were married there in 2004, have retured twice and going back in April. We travel several times a year and have been to two other 5 star boutique resorts, neither held a candle to the Royal Plantation. When we go elsewhere we find ourselves comparing to the RP and and not pleased with our decison to try somewhere else. We have decided RP is our home away from home we will not waste our money or preciious time anywhere else.

It is an adult property and they treat you like royality. Mr. Fraser and his staff are fabulous. The property is beautiful.. every inch of it. The cuisine is outstanding, music and entertainment, adult, classy.

Andre is the perfect wedding planner, there is a small charge to have your wedding there, do it.. you will not be sorry. No

worries, Andre handle everything and remebers everything, you just relax and let him plan. Nobody can do it better and you will be so grateful.

I also want to comment about the beach, its beautiful, small, water is clean and no topless bathing.

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
646 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I have just returned from a fantastic trip to Royal...

Bermuda,

Our last trip to RP was over a year ago since we have now started doing villa vacations. At that time, during high season, jackets were required at Le Papillon. In the off season (when you're going) they were optional, but in truth, most men wore them and those that didn't appeared to feel a bit out of place.

Perhaps they have changed the policy now to optional at all times of the year. But, based on our previous experiences at RP, people do dress for dinner --- especially at Le Papillon. It is sort of a silly rule since most men take their jackets off and put them over the backs of their chairs. If taking along a jacket for dinner is something your husband doesn't want to do, don't take one. No worries --- the staff at RP is so gracious and centered on making sure you have a fabulous stay, whether or not your husband takes along a jacket to dine at Le Papillon isn't really a big deal.

Texas
11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: I have just returned from a fantastic trip to Royal...

Where on the property did you get married Palmlady? We are getting married there this July and are soo excited!

illinois
Level Contributor
568 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I have just returned from a fantastic trip to Royal...

We were married on the Pier, 1:30pm it was decorated beautiful, flowers everwhere .. Andre will ask you what colors you like .. I hope you picked a pkg that includes the romantic wedding dinner on the pier, you will not believe it is real...

Just an idea, we brought a CD of our favorite music along, and played that on the pier as well, and in our room.

Texas
11 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: I have just returned from a fantastic trip to Royal...

That sounds like a good idea. We did get the package that has the dinner on the pier, so that should be wonderful. Thanks for your suggestions and if you have any other advice let me know!

Thanks

illinois
Level Contributor
568 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I have just returned from a fantastic trip to Royal...

How long will you be at the RP

Texas
11 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: I have just returned from a fantastic trip to Royal...

We will be there for eight nights and are scheduled to be married at 4:30 on July 4th!

Creve Coeur...
Level Contributor
149 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: I have just returned from a fantastic trip to Royal...

When you say people DO dress for dinner, just how dressy is dressy? Trying to figure out here what to bring for June. Did you do room service and if so how did that work? I'm still trying to figure out the "tipping" for there. Looking forward to going, but have to shift mental gears from AI Sandals properties and their ways to Royal Plantation ways. I always like being prepared ahead of time ;)