We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cool blue hole ocho rios - near the jewel?

Which Ocho Rios hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Versailles, KY
Level Contributor
59 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
cool blue hole ocho rios - near the jewel?

has anyone done this trip or heard anything about this trip. i have already done the falls and want to try something different. any advice or feedback would be appreciated. we are staying at the jewel in august and would like to find something unusual to do. thanks in advance!

Hot Springs...
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cool blue hole ocho rios - near the jewel?

I am going in may, from what I have resarched peat taylor tours will take you there. if you go to there web site you can see prices I am planning to check it out also and I hear there the best.

Hope this info helped.

Versailles, KY
Level Contributor
59 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cool blue hole ocho rios - near the jewel?

thanks! is it near ocho rios?

Hot Springs...
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cool blue hole ocho rios - near the jewel?

I am pretty sure it is in ocho rios or right out side of it. Not far at all from what I have read.

Jamaica
Level Contributor
891 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: cool blue hole ocho rios - near the jewel?

I'd say it's about 15 to 20 min outside of Ochie, Jewel is about 10 min outside of Ochie, so 25 to 30min all up. It's worth the trip, a very nice setting, rope swing, blue hole and a couple of nice waterfalls.

Mankato, Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,776 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cool blue hole ocho rios - near the jewel?

Another great trip is the Luminous Lagoon at Glistening Waters. It's between Falmouth and Ocho Rios so the Jewel is closer than we were at the Sunset Jamaica Grande.

Everyone in our group including the non swimmers thought it was amazing. Don't go if it is a full moon, and a nice sunny day makes for more glow also. There are only a few of these glowy lagoons in the world so try to get there.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
189 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cool blue hole ocho rios - near the jewel?

Can you get to this place without using one of the tour companies?

Iowa
Level Contributor
1,784 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cool blue hole ocho rios - near the jewel?

Peat Taylor no longer goes to the Cool BLue Hole becasue of of hassle from locals of thier customers for more money once they get there. The now have EXCLUSIVE use of Irie Blue Hole which is very secluded and more accessable to all(Entry and exit are not as sketchy). This is a PEAT TAYLOR exclusive and they are the only ones with rights to this hole . Irie Beach use to be a big attrac tion decades ago and is now going to be opened back up slowly with the cooperation of Peat Taylor Tours. See I try to tell you all they are the best ;)

McDonough, Georgia
Level Contributor
728 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: cool blue hole ocho rios - near the jewel?

Agreed DJ!! :)

Jamaica
Level Contributor
891 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: cool blue hole ocho rios - near the jewel?

DCnatfan,

You could charter a taxi to get there providing the taxi driver knows where it is. Although possible it will be very difficult to go via route taxi .. you would also have to walk the last 1/4 mile or so.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
189 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: cool blue hole ocho rios - near the jewel?

Thanks. We are staying in a villa and have hired a driver for the week. Will check with him and see if he can get us there.