We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where can a single female in stay, rest, explore, and party?

Baltimore,Maryland
Level Contributor
191 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Where can a single female in stay, rest, explore, and party?

Hello To all,

I LOVE jamaica, but NEVER stayed in ocho Rios, because it looks boring, or for couples.

I've read it's a place for the party goer, but I don't know.

Everythg seems to be couple up or with many large resort, and i'm just not looking for that .

I don't want to be around the couples and family. Looking for somethg that is pretty much adult only with alot of singles hanging out.

I have been spoiled by going to negril , and all that I look for it's there, but I will be there in May 2011, and returning in Nov 2011, and really wanted to try somethg different.

I love the Jamaica Inn hotel, and it seems like any thg less is just ragged.

This place seems to be exactly what i'm looking for in accomendations, but I really I don't see any people there, but couples it's seems very low key aka BORING!!!!!

I don't need high end, but it would be nice.

Really i'm a budget traveler , but like high ends hotels depending on where I'm staying.

I've been searching and usually travel on a budget with boutique hotel chains, but it doesn't seem like you can get this in ocho without it looking like ........!

It seems like it's either good or bad ,no in the middle concerning the hotels in ocho.

If anyone has any suggestions for a nice hotel where the're people that I can mix and mingle with, nice bar, and swimming area. Swim up bar would be great. Somewhere near all the nightlife of ocho.

I love nightlife and wanted to go clubbing.

Any suggestions will help from those that are seasoned and can give me solid info on ocho rios.

Is there different nights of the week where there is somethg going on? What is the hottest nightclubs to visit for the adult party goer.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Copper

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,736 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where can a single female in stay, rest, explore, and party?

If you enjoyed the nightlife in Negril, return there, you already seem to have it in your mind that you won't care for ocho rios... They are apples and oranges and usually People who are passionate about one, dislike the other...

You won't easily find the laid back live music experience that you get from Negril in ocho rios... Ochi offers more of club based dancehall scene, if you are out when things start to pick up (very late), you will not hear all that much reggae... The crowds from my experience are much more skewed to a local flavor and can be on the young side (early twenties being the norm)...

If you're bent on staying on ochi, other than a small self-catering establishment, I'd say your best option is rooms on the beach, but it is not an AI resort... And not adult only...

Enjoy, if you can ;)

Chelle

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,736 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where can a single female in stay, rest, explore, and party?

Btw, yes rooms is a huge step down from Jamaica inn, but if you already are thinking ochi is boring and coupley you'll probably die of boredom there ;) it is highly unlikely you'll find (m)any other singles there at all...

Rooms is about the only place close to the action that will have any sort of hope to mix with other singles on property... But if you're looking for a JI type atmosphere, you'll be even more disappointed than you already are...

Chelle

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,736 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where can a single female in stay, rest, explore, and party?

Oh and as half a couple, I'm pretty sure we still qualify as people....

;)

Chelle

Jamaica
Level Contributor
891 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Where can a single female in stay, rest, explore, and party?

Oceans 11 on Tuesday nights is a good night, Clubville has something going on most nights, and Amnesia night club should be popluar over the weekend. There is another nightclub on the main drag, I haven't been to be able to comment.

Randolph...
11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Where can a single female in stay, rest, explore, and party?

Chelle, just to confirm...you said Ochi has dancehall club scene rather than in the street or beach bar scene? WIth locals? Is that correct? What time do the clubs start pumping?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,736 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where can a single female in stay, rest, explore, and party?

yeah... ochi has more of a club scene... matt covered a lot of the main spots (by club ville i believe he meant margaritaville, i think that's what they call it after a certain hour lol but it does happen esp on wednesday and satday)

things pick up fairly late... like after midnight i'd say and yes, by that time it's mostly jamaican crowds... by then the visitors have all but left and the straggling ones are either there on purpose or won't remember being there the next day :)

Chelle

Jamaica
Level Contributor
891 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Where can a single female in stay, rest, explore, and party?

Blitz is the other night club I couldn't remember. Margaritaville (correct Chell, clubville by night - in fact they have started staging dancehall artists) will be the only place you will find bunches of tourists. The other spots I mentioned are by far a majority of locals.

Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Where can a single female in stay, rest, explore, and party?

Rooms is good and a person with good vibe will bring anywhere alive try ochie u will not regret it

Westbury, New York
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Where can a single female in stay, rest, explore, and party?

I am single and I go to Ochi every year and not once have I regret it. I stay at Sunset Jamaica Grande because I love the location; Room in fact is right next door. I am Jamaican so I don’t have a problem being amongst the locals if you don’t mind either then you should check out Rooms or SJG.

Indiana
Level Contributor
10,651 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where can a single female in stay, rest, explore, and party?

Excellent advice...but it is also possible that you simply won't like Ocho Rios.

I don't. Can't stand it, actually.

Get answers to your questions about Ocho Rios
Recent Conversations