We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Couples Tower Isle- May 30th- June 6th

Which Ocho Rios hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hawthorne...
1 post
Save Topic
Couples Tower Isle- May 30th- June 6th

My fiance and I have never traveled as far as the Caribbeans before is there anything I need to know about traveling outta the states? Any advice someone could share about the resort we just booked with Unforgettable Honeymoons? I did my research about Unforgettable Honeymoon as well any one has first hand experiences you could share all information is helpful!!!

North Dakota
Level Contributor
429 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Couples Tower Isle- May 30th- June 6th

We just returned from CTI last Saturday. You will have a great time.

On the plane ride they will hand out forms to complete to enter Jamaica. Make sure to get one for each of you. After you go through customs, you will pick up your luggage and then go immediately to the Couples Lounge. They will tell you how long before your drive to CTI.

The drive is about 2 hours. They will stop once at a place to get something to eat/drink.

Once you arrive at CTI, you will check in and they will bring you to your room. They give you a list of activities/restaurants and choices to sign up for the days you would like to eat or do the activities. Advice is to do that on the day you arrive so it doesn't fill up.

The staff are amazing and will help you any way they can. My advice is to talk to them. Some of them put in very long days but they always have a smile on their face and are pleasant.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
34 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Couples Tower Isle- May 30th- June 6th

When you fill out the forms on the plane, make sure you fill out the top section, skip the middle, and then fill out the bottom, for each person.

One customs form per family.

When you leave the plane, follow the signs for Immigration. Could be a long walk, depending where you deplane.

They will check that your forms are filled out properly and completely before you get into immigration line.

After Immigration, you go to luggage claim and then to Customs. Usually they just check your form and pass you through.

Then you walk to the left I think, around a corner, and you'll see lounges for different resorts. The Couples one will be straight ahead.

There is a restroom in the Couples lounge, so don't worry about finding one in the airport. And you can get a drink there- water, soda, beer usually.

You should have a tip for the driver that takes you to the resort, and also at the airport, someone helps you with your luggage and we always tip him.

Once at the resort, no more worries. Don't be afraid to ask any staff you see if you have a question or need help. They're all wonderful there. Take the property tour, offered 2x a day, and they'll fill you in on everything. Make your dinner reservations asap, but if you can't get a res, the buffet is good too.

Have fun!

North Dakota
Level Contributor
429 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Couples Tower Isle- May 30th- June 6th

I don't know if this was recently changed, but we had to complete one form per person. There were many people at the entrance to immigration that were completing the forms for each person.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
1,678 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Couples Tower Isle- May 30th- June 6th

It has always been one per person when entering Jamaica and one per family when coming back to Canada. The important thing is to fill out the departure information on the form when entering Jamaica. If you don't they will send you to the back of the line :(

Smiths Falls...
Level Contributor
134 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Couples Tower Isle- May 30th- June 6th

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

Tower Isle is so special and romantic - you'll be treated like royalty there!

Remember to bring small demoninations in US currancy for tipping the airport porter (customary $1 per bag) and around $10-15 for the driver. You should tip if you go on any of the exursions as they are not part of the Couples staff. Highly recommend the catamarin cruise and Dunn's River Falls. You'll have a blast! There is a no tippping policy at the resort, but if you like you could bring some treats like Hershey Kisses and leave a note in your room for the cleaning staff to help themselves to a sweet treat.

The meals are fantastic and even the pickiest eater can find something they will like. The veggie bar serves the best sweet potato fries I've ever tasted, plus incredible smoothies. For more information about what the resoft offers, visit http://www.couples.com/11or/index.html

6. Re: Couples Tower Isle- May 30th- June 6th

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 03:15