We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Couples Sans Souci

Miami, Florida
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Couples Sans Souci

Just came back from four night stay at Couples Sans Souci. Let me know if you have any questions.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
1,678 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Couples Sans Souci

How was your trip? What kind of room did you have? Is this your first Couples trip?

Moreno Valley...
Level Contributor
12 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Couples Sans Souci

Were going to Och Rios in July. Were staying at Couples Tower Isles but thought about changing and going to Couples Sans Souci or stay at both. We will be there for 8 nights. Any thoughts about either resort and the rooms?

Edited: 02 May 2011, 00:23
Moreno Valley...
Level Contributor
12 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Couples Sans Souci

This will also be my husband and I frist time in Jamaica. We have the Premiere Ocean view room booked at Couples Tower Isles. Is this a nice resort, is CSS better or are they about the same. Is it a good idea to stay at both, CTI 4 nights and CSS 4 nights. Seem like they both have good reviews.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
1,678 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Couples Sans Souci

You will find the food and service consistent at all the Couples Resorts. The vibe of each is different though. CTI is a true hotel. Multi storey building with hotel type rooms and a very south beach decor. The beach is very small and we found the pools very cold as they are in the shade a lot. This was January mind you. We liked Sans Souci far better than CTI. The beach was larger and much calmer. The rooms are huge and mostly suites. The grounds are gorgeous and very romantic.

Miami, Florida
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Couples Sans Souci

This was my first time in Jamaica and first Couples trip. There were a few hiccups but overall very happy with my choice of Sans Souci. We had the beachfront suite in Building A. Having a jacuzzi was great in the suite and it was located close to all the action. Casanova was the best place for dinner and I wish I didnt wait till the last night to eat there. If this is your first trip, you should definitely review the suggested items in the forums to bring such as bug spray, flashlight, sunscreen, koozies, neosporin, watershoes, and watercamera. I will be doing a full review of the resort tonight but if you have any specific questions, please let me know.

Moreno Valley...
Level Contributor
12 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Couples Sans Souci

Thank you so much. This really helps. The grounds and the rooms look really nice at CSS, a little better than CTI and the rooms look really nice. I want to make the right choice especially since this will be our fist time and it's our 20th anniversary.

Moreno Valley...
Level Contributor
12 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Couples Sans Souci

My husband and I decided to switch to CSS. We selected the one bedroom ocen view. Is ther a particular section or room you could suggest.. D block seem to have a good view.

Royal Tunbridge...
Level Contributor
616 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Couples Sans Souci

centpooh - we stayed in a one bedroom ocean view suite in D block in 2009 and were very happy with it. We had a good view of both the ocean and the resort. Be aware though that the suites in D block do not have the hugh balconies that this category of room has in E, F and G blocks. D block balconies are about the same size as those in the beachfront suites (ie just room for a table and two chairs) Our room had an enormous walk in shower and D block is in the centre of the resort so only one flight of steps down to the beach and Palazzina, and two flights up to Casanova and reception. I think you have made the right choice in moving from CTI. We have been to all four Couples resorts and CTI (although very nice in an hotel-like way and with all the super atributes of Couples - food, service etc) is our least favourite.

Edited: 02 May 2011, 10:00
Columbia, South...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Couples Sans Souci

Can you tell me if beach vendors approach you a lot on the beach? THis is one of the things that is deterring us from Jamaica, as we have heard that you get hassled to buy souvenirs, as well as drugs. Would rather not deal with that on our honeymoon!

Moreno Valley...
Level Contributor
12 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Couples Sans Souci

Uscemily- I read a lot of reviews and didn't see anyone mentioned issues with people bothering you to buy or for sure to do drugs. Only thing I saw was if you leave the resort but this happens anywhere you go. My friend travels a lot and said you can run into this in Mexico but they rope.if off to keep them away. I did read that they allowcertain ones to come on the resort and will also teach you how to make thinkgs. From what I read Sans Souci beach is private. For istance if you leave to go to Dunns River which is off the resort and included in the package they will try to sell you things coing and going to the ride but they tell you to just keep walking. I read a lot of reviews and didn't see anyone mentioned this as a issue. My husband and I are going in July. I hope this helped