We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

at Riu between 23Jan06 - 30Jan06 any questions

Peterborough
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Topic
at Riu between 23Jan06 - 30Jan06 any questions

I had an amazing time. Feel free to ask whatever you need to..this forum helped me so I'd like to repay the thoughtfulness for other people as well

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
217 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: at Riu between 23Jan06 - 30Jan06 any questions

Hi Mags! I remember seeing your posts before you left. Glad you had such an amazing time!

Did you golf? If so, how was it and what transportation did you use to the golf course at what cost?

Did you eat at the a la carte restaurants?

This might sound like an odd question...I know there is bottled water in the rooms but if you are wanting water in between meals at the pool (in between other bevvies of course), do you just ask for water at the bar and it is safe to drink?

This time next week we will be on the plane to Jamaica! The snow storm we are having right now north of Toronto is gearing me up for my vacation.

Thanks!

Peterborough
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: at Riu between 23Jan06 - 30Jan06 any questions

No I did not golf as it was going to cost $150us and I couldn't justify it not knowing the course.

water is accessible from the bars and is drinkable..no problem

I didn't want to waste my time with the a la carte restaurants..they only hold about 30 people in each and people were lining up at 8am for the reservations (they don't start accepting reseversations till 9:45am)..the buffets were awesome..I was told that if you showed up 15 minutes before the reservation times (6:30pm and 9:00pm) you can see if someone doesn't show and you can get in..no problem

hope this helps and I'm extremely jealous..when you meet Alicia tell her Big B says hi

new jersey
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: at Riu between 23Jan06 - 30Jan06 any questions

I plan on going in june and wanted to know how much certain activities will cost me. I was hoping to do the waverunners and maybe go out deep sea fishing and rafting, and other fun activities but I am afraid they will be too costly. Do you have any estimates that you could share with me. also how expensive are taxi services. I pretty much want to have a lot of fun but i am afraid that many things will not be within my purchasing power. I booked an all inclusive at the RIU for 7 nights, do you think a $700 for myself will be enough spending money will be enough for the week

Peterborough
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: at Riu between 23Jan06 - 30Jan06 any questions

well I can tell you that the wave runners at $30us per half hour. The taxis into town ar $25us from the resort but if you walk out to the end of the resort to the gates you can get a taxi for $5us. The deep sea fishing is expensive $295us for 4 people per half day and $525us for full day.

Peterborough
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: at Riu between 23Jan06 - 30Jan06 any questions

any more questions