We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St. Annes Parish

Which Ocho Rios hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Woodstock, Ga.
4 posts
Save Topic
St. Annes Parish

When you go to 9 mile to see Marley's tomb, you will be guided by a loud laughing gentleman inside Marley's home. That's where the tomb is. You will be asked to take your shoes off out of respect for Marley. When we were there, they were just building a buriel plot for his Mother who had just died. There will also be a short brick wall with a cutout in it, just outside his restaurant, connected to his house, where a couple guys will be trying to sell you a joint. The restaurant is permiated with smoke as well. The bumpy one and a half hour ride to St. Annes is on a small lane unpaved road.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
571 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St. Annes Parish

and?

Woodstock, Ga.
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: St. Annes Parish

It is a very interesting tour. We were told Marley was buried with a ten foot joint. You'll see his single bed and furniture, lots of pics of him. He lived there until around 6 or 7. He used to go there frequently to 'chill out'. The grounds are nice, but do stay with his friend, the guide. You can't go to Kingston as it's not very safe. That's where he lived later on.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,736 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: St. Annes Parish

many parts of kingston are not at all unsafe for visitors, inlcuding the Marley Museum (his former residence on Hope Road) which attracts many visitors from across the world every day...

it's best to explore Kingston with a guide to get the most out of the area..

Chelle

Indiana
Level Contributor
10,649 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: St. Annes Parish

Very strange post, especially given the title, but you absolutely can go to Kingston...and especially to the house on Hope Road.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
655 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: St. Annes Parish

maybe they smoked some of that bob marley weed before posting?

Woodstock, Ga.
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: St. Annes Parish

Not sure why you're struggling for wisdom on that post. there were many times In the past they had major problems in kingston and forbade tourists.I've been there no less than 10 timnes, but feel free to go along with anyone who's had a one time visit. Of course on these blogs, there will always be a smartass behind his puter.

Indiana
Level Contributor
10,649 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: St. Annes Parish

1. The title of the thread has almost nothing to do with the topic. It is simply the parish in which Nine Mile is located. This would be like me titling a post "Florida" and then writing details about a specific attraction at Disney World.

2. This is not a blog. It is a message board.

3. I have never heard of tourists being forbidden to travel to Kingston - even during the Dudus episode. Your comment is alarmist and untrue. I've been to many parts of Kingston, including his house on Hope Road, and never felt unsafe or uncomfortable.

4. What is the point?

Iowa
Level Contributor
1,784 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: St. Annes Parish

Mama Marley has been Buried since you were last there and it is complete. Bob Does not have a 10 foot J in his tomb stop with the rumors.! Although I have wittnessed the weed drying on his tomb. He is buried with a guitar and his brother(His mother gave up her spot for him) Kingston has many attractions and many tourists go there every day! I am confused? No real point and no info that was worth while?

Edited: 16 May 2011, 12:42
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,217 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: St. Annes Parish

"Bob Does not have a 10 foot J in his tomb stop with the rumors.!"

I was told it was a 2, 20 feet J, one to each side. How do you know this is a rumor?

" I have never heard of tourists being forbidden to travel to Kingston"

Today you learn something because it happens a lot. Not forbiden but told they WILL get killed. They are also told not to leave the resort. They are not TA members and still don't realize Jamaica is safe for 'precious' tourist just not for them. While no one can physically stop you , it's highly discourage from going to Kingston.

OP- Love the title, I was born and raised in the beauty garden parish of St, Ann. Regardless of the title I got what you were saying because I did the tour. Yeah, thanks for sharing!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,217 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: St. Annes Parish

" No real point and no info that was worth while?"

So being a DE you are allowed to come to this conclusion for the forum readers. Please go back and read the OP post and say how your tour was different. S/ he describe the one I had perfectly. So Kingston is now the new toursit must see. I will not go to Kingston, I was told not to go to Kingston, and would not recommend it, until they build an A/I resort.

LMAO, or SMDH some days, at how much trouble some go through to dismiss others.

Edited: 16 May 2011, 14:39