We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather

Racine, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
127 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Weather

How is the weather in Ocho Rios now ? Hearing dreadful rain stories

Oxford, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,660 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather

I heard the animals are pairing up.

London, United...
Level Contributor
275 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather

Yeah, I've been looking at the forecast too! Not flying out until next saturday but they are predicting thunderstorms for the rest of this week and next!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
655 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather

I just got back on Monday. The weather was perfect. Hot, Sunny and not to Humid pretty much every single day. It did rain on Sunday night but it didn't start until evening.

The forcast before I left also said storms everyday... but I wouldn't worry about it... a local told me that it rains up in the mountains a lot, but unless the clouds are coming off the water.. the chances of rain in Ochi are slim!

suz
Derby, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,683 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather

Very incorrect info Zebra - Horrendous rains in Ochi yesterday, streets flooded in a matter of minutes - As has happened many times in the past.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
283 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather

Lny47 is currently in Runaway Bay and they are having lots of tropical storms.. They were supposed to be getting married today but have postponed it until next week now.

We fly out tomorrow morning and by looking at the weather forcast it's not looking good at all.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
655 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather

well then I am glad my week there was perfect weather!

London, United...
Level Contributor
275 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather

Having been to the majority of the Caribbean islands, when it rains, it rains fast and hard! But between 10 minutes-1 hour later it is finished! And to be fair, it is so humid, the little bit of rain helps one to cool off! So i'm not overly worried. Rainfall will be an excuse to hit the bar for an hour for some rum punch! Everyting irie mon!

suz
Derby, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,683 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather

Ordinarily, I would agree with you, Stephie - that was my experience in other islands - not always so in Jamaica.

However, I would take rain in JA over the cold any day!

9. Re: Weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 May 2012, 06:19