We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it going to rain all month!?!??!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Is it going to rain all month!?!??!

We are traveling to Ocho Rios from 06/24/11 to 07/04/11, I have checked the weather and it seems to have been raining all month. Are we in for a wet vacation? Has anyone gone during these dates and if so how was it? I want to enjoy our vacation and not have to sit inside the whole time.

Shiner, Texas
Level Contributor
927 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it going to rain all month!?!??!

No problems mon.Liquid sunshine!!!-If it rains it will rain in the evening for just a little while.I have a very good freind that i talk to that lives in Ochie.You can't go by Weather Channel's weather.No Worries!Enjoy your vaccation!-Bless

Indiana
Level Contributor
10,649 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it going to rain all month!?!??!

Internet weather forecasts for Jamaica are notoriously terrible...but:

-It is rainy season,

-A system just passed through,

-Ocho Rios is wetter than the West coast of Jamaica.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it going to rain all month!?!??!

Thanks! We'll make the most of it!

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
1,569 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is it going to rain all month!?!??!

It might rain the whole time, it might not rain at all. There is no way to know until you get there. I have had times in Ocho Rios where is was torrential rain for 2-3 days straight, and I have had times where there was none at all. Do not, I repeat do not look at on line weather forecasts. They always call for rain year round, it's a tropical island with rain forests. So yes, in the rainforest it will more than likely rain. Fortunately for you, there aren't resorts in the rainforests :)

Shiner, Texas
Level Contributor
927 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is it going to rain all month!?!??!

We arrive the day you leave.Were are you staying at?

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is it going to rain all month!?!??!

Oh gosh that is the only thing I do, check the weather, i'll have to stop that and just look forward to a great vacation, rain or no rain. Thanks!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is it going to rain all month!?!??!

We are staying at the Riu Ocho Rios. Can't wait, its our first time vacationing there. Have you been?

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,118 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is it going to rain all month!?!??!

No worries mon..

you'll be in Jamaica!!!!

Have a great vacation...

xxx

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
1,569 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is it going to rain all month!?!??!

There ya go :) One of the great parts of a Jamaican vacation is the fun anticipation of going! Don't let that get spoiled by inaccurate forecasts :)

Shiner, Texas
Level Contributor
927 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is it going to rain all month!?!??!

We will be staying at Rhodes Resort from July 4-10-Then off to Ochie from July 10-14 staying at Chrisanns Beach Condos.This will be our 3 rd trip to Ja.-Ya'll will have a blast!!!