We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SDR Grand luxe room?

Which Ocho Rios hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
texas
8 posts
Save Topic
SDR Grand luxe room?

I have booked my honeymoon in July at SDR and reserved the grand luxe room. Has any one stayed in this particular room, is it nice? How big is the room/balcony? How hard is it to book dinners and excursions without a concierge? Any other tips would be greatly appreciated, it is our first time to Jamaica and first time at Sandals.

long island, ny
Level Contributor
613 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SDR Grand luxe room?

Great choice.

Thewre are 2 different types of rooms.

Look at the picture of the florence wing.

Every other room has a "straight on " balcony/every other other room has floor to ceiling windows with a "side" balcaony.

The only place @ SDR that requires dinner reservations is Kinomos. (2 seatings every night except monday). Tours can be booked directly @ the tour desk. For everything else, without the consierge, you are on your own. That includes making reservations @ SGOR.

I would recommend buying a couple of tour books of Jamaica. Inside it will give you an idea of what's here. They also give you information on booking the tours by yourself(Much cheaper).

Try Fodors/Frommers/ loney Planet/ Etc...

Saint Charles...
Level Contributor
174 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: SDR Grand luxe room?

We have stayed in a grandluxe room three out of four times. It is a big room with a nice closet that has lots of shelves, an ironing board, a safe, place to put a large suitcase. We love the patio. It is private, with a tile floor and a rack to hang towels, and a table and chairs. We have never had concierge and have never needed it. The staff is so helpful with everything. You will love it there. We are returning in six days and cannot wait!

Ellicott City...
Level Contributor
41 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: SDR Grand luxe room?

Katrin~

We will be at SDR in 5 days also and have a Grand Luxe Oceanview room. Do you remember if the room has a refridgerator? Do they stock with bottled water? Shouldn't we only drink bottled water? So looking forward to the warm weather. I read that the pool temparture is very cold-hope it warms up by the time we get there!! Thanks for any info you can give:)

Saint Charles...
Level Contributor
174 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: SDR Grand luxe room?

Sandshara

I drink the water all the time. Jamaica has very safe water. I read in a tour book that they had one of the first filtered water systems.

Yes, the grandluxe rooms do have fridges, but I read that now they stock them with a few things. They never used to.

We have never gone this early in the year and I bet the pools are cool. We have been in late March and the water was nice. The hot tubs will feel good, though.

Ellicott City...
Level Contributor
41 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: SDR Grand luxe room?

Katrin~

Thx! Glad there will be a fridge:) Maybe we will see you in the hot tub!!! Keepin my fingers crossed for good weather!