We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Theft at couples sans souci?

Which Ocho Rios hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Moorestown, New...
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Theft at couples sans souci?

I want to bring my Lap top with me but I read about some theft at CSS. It won't fit in the safe; too big. Is it wise to leave it at home or can I feel safe in bringing it?

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
1,678 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Theft at couples sans souci?

I would bring it, The safes are quite large at Sans Souci and we have nevewr had any security issues at any Couples Resort.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,217 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Theft at couples sans souci?

Hi Lindsey,

As rule I don't take valuables I can't safely secure or afford to loose. I have have always taken my camera, ipods, net book (other vacations) and camcorder without problems. If you are going to leave it in the room and be concern if it's safe, then please leave it at home.

Good Luck

Pauline

Moorestown, New...
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Theft at couples sans souci?

I called and they said my 14 inch lap top won't fit in the safe, were they wrong? Will it fit? I'd like to bring it so I can transfer video off my camcorder if need be.

Brampton
Level Contributor
638 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Theft at couples sans souci?

If you called, and they told you it wouldn't fit, I would go with that.

Just to warn you, fellow travelers might shoot you a look of disgust if your laptop is seen on the beach... Same can be said for the cell phones....

Your video can wait until you get home. At the end of the day, it's just not worth it.

Tell City
Level Contributor
4,260 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Theft at couples sans souci?

Misslindsey you can & I would recommend asking the front desk manager to put it in the resort safe if or when you need to.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,217 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Theft at couples sans souci?

Lindsey

I would go with the information from the resort. I can't recall the specific size of the safe but recently switched to traveling with netbook because I know it can easily fit in most safes. If you are going to worry about loosing it, then it's not worth it.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,066 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Theft at couples sans souci?

we lock everything too large to fit in safes (at any resort) in a suitcase and use a combination lock. I always travel with a netbook and iphone and my husband a professional camera and lenses.

<Just to warn you, fellow travelers might shoot you a look of disgust if your laptop is seen on the beach... Same can be said for the cell phones....>

Could not care less about that...their problem , not mine.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,736 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Theft at couples sans souci?

i've never been looked at any way anywhere when i've had technology with me... when we lived on the island we always brought the laptop along when we knew a better signal or even better, wifi would be found (up in the hills our claro modem worked better than i expected it would, but it was far from perfect)...

i wouldn't personally bring the laptop to the beach, because the whole sand factor, but the iphone worked just fine on the beach and never had an issue other than seeing the screen with the glare of the sun :) mind you i'm not really one to watch face so i might not always notice when others are noticing me :)

Chelle

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
4,347 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Theft at couples sans souci?

Misslindsey,

Not that I am questioning theft doesn't happen, but I was wondering where you read that there was a theft at CSS?

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
1,678 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Theft at couples sans souci?

Blondie;

If you put "theft at Couples sans souci" in the search bar, a review from 2008 comes up. That is all I can find.