We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

just returned from couples sans souci, any inquiries?

Which Ocho Rios hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Moorestown, New...
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Topic
just returned from couples sans souci, any inquiries?

We just got home yesterday; anyone curious about the resort?

Illinois
Level Contributor
5,120 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: just returned from couples sans souci, any inquiries?

We are booked for next year at CSS. A recent review mentioned not bothering with the private beach dinner, instead eat at the Bella Vista/ Beach Grill. How was the atmosphere at this restaurant for dinner. I was considering a private beach dinner, ( we will have a resort credit), but I will spend the money in other ways if it is really not worth it.

Also, did you visit the spa? How was it? I know there is an area for a massage that is outdoor, did you see it done, and is it worth it and an additional charge?

Also, if you visited the balloon bar, how was the atmosphere ?

Thanks in advance.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
1,678 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: just returned from couples sans souci, any inquiries?

Hi Misslindsey;

I'm not curious about the resort but very curious about how your trip went. There was plenty of chatter about it beforehand! Did the boyfriend go? Did you have a great time?

Moorestown, New...
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: just returned from couples sans souci, any inquiries?

norwegian mama: the balloon bar was pretty chilled back. we didn't partake in the spa so i have no answer there. bella vista/grill was tasty but the service was lacking, whereas at pallavinos the service is very good. we didn't do the private beach dinner but it did look very romantic.

marnie: he did in fact go; he got his passport ONE day before. down to the wire...we had a fantastic time. thanks for asking!

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
1,678 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: just returned from couples sans souci, any inquiries?

Thats wonderful! What kind of room did you have? Did you try sunset beach or go there for the sunset?

Illinois
Level Contributor
5,120 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: just returned from couples sans souci, any inquiries?

Thanks for the information.

I know a trip to Couples always does great things to my husbands and I relationship.

Also, how was the shade on the beach, any problems finding any ( and I do not mind if the shade is under a tree)?

Also, did they have a lot of fresh fruits and veggies? My husband said he read someplace that Jamaica is having problems with their local fruit and vegetable crops. Did you notice a problem?

Chelem, Mexico
Level Contributor
903 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: just returned from couples sans souci, any inquiries?

Hi Misslindsey, I hope you had a great time, any coffee makers in the rooms? I'm not seeing it in the room perks on the website.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,155 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: just returned from couples sans souci, any inquiries?

Glad you had a great trip! :) Are you posting a review?

NMama - We went in Jan and had a resort credit too and debated using it for a private dinner in the gazebo if we could. Instead we spent it at the spa. The setting is incredible, as the massage huts are all located on the cliffside overlooking the water below. They're quite tucked away from the rest of the resort. We could hear the water, and birds roosting in a nearby tree. We ended up having 2 massages, including a hot stone massage and seaweed wrap for our anniversary. Glad we did that instead of the dinner.

We quite liked eating dinner at Bella Vista, along the beach, as well as the others.

When we were there there were plenty of palapas as well as a row of trees for shade. Have a great trip too!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,155 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: just returned from couples sans souci, any inquiries?

gary... you know, I don't believe our room at CSS had a coffee maker. Not sure if all rooms are the same. We had one at CTI, but we just had room service deliver coffee every morning to enjoy on the balcony. Great way to wake up :)

lincoln, england
Level Contributor
911 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: just returned from couples sans souci, any inquiries?

glad you both made it and had a great time xx

elaine

Moorestown, New...
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: just returned from couples sans souci, any inquiries?

We stayed in an ocean front room, very big and comfortable. It did have a coffee maker. There was fruit but it wasn't ripe yet. I didnt see any fresh raw veggies tho. There was plenty of shade on the beach. We didnt go to sunset beach mainly because we had so much to do.