We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manor house oceanview room

Which Ocho Rios hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta
2 posts
Save Topic
Manor house oceanview room

This is the room we have booked (MANOR HOUSE OCEANVIEW) Can anyone give any imput on this room. Is it nice. We have heard alot of bad things about the riviara rooms. Any imput would be helpful.Thanks

Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
82 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Manor house oceanview room

Now, I could be wrong but I believe this room is on the Manor side. Your on the top floor of the manor building with a very distant view of the ocean, but you will have a nice view of the grande pool.Hope this helps.

Invermere BC
Level Contributor
58 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Manor house oceanview room

We stayed on the Manor side and talked to a couple who were staying directly in the main building and they said it was nice but a little noisy at night. It looked to me like it had been totally rennovated, the Riviera building looked a little more tired....hope you have a great trip.

BCanadian

long island, ny
Level Contributor
613 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Manor house oceanview room

The MHOV rooms are directly overlooking to main pool. The ocean is VERY far in the distance. At night you CANNOT see the ocean, in fact you can't even hear the waves. You are approx 1/4 miles from the beach. The manor side is accross a VERY busy road. You cannot cross this road by yourself.

The manor side is beautiful, the riveria side is very much like a "beach hotel".

We have stayed on the riveria side and thought it was one of the best vacations we have ever had. Don't listen to the stories about the riveria looking run down. It is beautiful.

MN
Level Contributor
912 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Manor house oceanview room

Totally agree, don't listen to the bad reviews about the Riviera side. We are making our 4th trip back to SGOR in April, and have stayed on the Riviera side everytime, and love it!!

Invermere BC
Level Contributor
58 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Manor house oceanview room

I just liked the look of the Manor House better than the main building on the Riviera side not feeling that one side was better than the other. I thought the Manor House just had a brighter fresher look. I wouldn't complain about staying on the Riviera side either, just getting to go at all is a bonus!

UK
Level Contributor
463 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Manor house oceanview room

We were in SGOR for two weeks in January. We stayed on BOTH sides, and in the end we personally preffered the manor side.

The room we had on the Riviera side was a tip although I do believe not all are the same and many are lovely.

It depends on what you personally like. We liked the bigger facilities on the manor side, but ofen popped over to the Riviera too. You wont see the ocean from the riviera cottages, unless you are in an oceanfront cottage or the Riviera building.

You can see the ocean from the manor.

The road is not a con at all. The buses which run between the two, run every couple of minutes and you soon get the hang of jumping on and off. Dont let this issue deter you at all. In fact, the atmosphere on the wee bus late at night was fun!

I dont think you can lose either side, both have their advantages. However, if you get "upgraded" to a Riviera cottage and it isnt to your liking, then ask to see the original room you booked. Chances are you will get upgraded anyway, and being booked on the manor side you may well end up in a villa.

Whatever...its a fab resort!

Have fun!