We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals Grande Riviera: Honeymoon Orchid Oceanview w/Butler

San Diego...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sandals Grande Riviera: Honeymoon Orchid Oceanview w/Butler

My fiance and I just booked this for our honeymoon, scheduled the fourth week of November. Of course, like a typical guy, I just jumped on the deal and booked it without thinking or reading any reviews first. I am now a little worried that this may not be the dream trip I had hoped for us. Can anyone please give me any insight as to the condition of this villa? The customer service rep on the reservation line called the hotel, but was vague regarding what has already been renovated, what has been started, and what has construction scheduled. I booked this room mostly because it was the lowest rate that included a butler, and for the secluded nature of the villa. Any advice/insight regarding the resort would be greatly appreciated, as I would like to stay married longer than a week and don't want to screw up my first official husband decision. Thanks for your help

Beachwood NJ
Level Contributor
796 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandals Grande Riviera: Honeymoon Orchid Oceanview w/Butler

I am also interested in this category room...anyone have any info on it?

Springfield, OH
Level Contributor
362 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandals Grande Riviera: Honeymoon Orchid Oceanview w/Butler

Me too, this is what we have booked for January.

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandals Grande Riviera: Honeymoon Orchid Oceanview w/Butler

Hi did you find out if it was renovated. We were told that it was

Springfield, OH
Level Contributor
362 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandals Grande Riviera: Honeymoon Orchid Oceanview w/Butler

As far as we could tell, they were all renovated. We were upgraded, so didn't stay in the room we booked. We were upgraded to the most beautiful view on the resort.

Level Contributor
382 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sandals Grande Riviera: Honeymoon Orchid Oceanview w/Butler

They were among the first to get renovated. We stayed there march 2011. Loved it. The pool was great in the afternoon before getting ready for the evening. Mix a drink, take you snack and enjoy it. Make sure and have breakfast on your patio/balcony.

Austin
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sandals Grande Riviera: Honeymoon Orchid Oceanview w/Butler

Have any of you been to other Sandals resorts? We've been to Sandals Whitehouse and Antigua - loved them both. Wondering how Grande Riviera compares.

Tully, New York
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
761 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sandals Grande Riviera: Honeymoon Orchid Oceanview w/Butler

kasAustin, We have stayed in 3 SGR (when it was SGOR), Negril and the Regency in St Lucia (it also has been renamed), it is the one with the golf course. We also have spent time at SMB near the airport. All we very nice, but each seemed to have its own character. We really like SGR. One reason is its size allows you to do and find what ever you want. Quiet or Party, you can find it. Negril, had a fantastic beach and was a smaller property. St Lucia was very nice to. In short it really is hard to compare, more like apples to oranges. If you like fruit, it will all be good.

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,142 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sandals Grande Riviera: Honeymoon Orchid Oceanview w/Butler

We haven't been in that exact villa, but have stayed here 5 times, and have always had a villa, and we love them! We were there in November when the construction was going on, and it is all done now. We just went back again on 4/28, everything is done and great, and we are booked to go back again. The fan page on facebook has photos of that room in the Room Categories album. Fans of Sandals Grande Riviera.

We have also stayed at SRC, SRB, and SRLT, and visited several others. We have not repeated any Sandals except SGR, and we are headed back there for our 6th time. It is the biggest resort, so it has the most to do, the most restaurants, the most bars, the most pools, etc. You can't beat it! Feel free to ask me anything :)

Springfield, OH
Level Contributor
362 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sandals Grande Riviera: Honeymoon Orchid Oceanview w/Butler

We have been to Sandals Halcyon in St Lucia, Antigua, Royal Caribbean, Whitehouse, and SGR in Jamaica, and Grand Bahamian in the Bahamas. Off to Negril in January. As TullyNY said, all have their own flavor. We prefer the smaller resorts. We liked SGR and really enjoyed ourself, but for us it was too big. Everyone has their own preferences. They are all really great, you just have to find the one that fits your style. No matter what, you will have a great time.

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,142 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sandals Grande Riviera: Honeymoon Orchid Oceanview w/Butler

To us, SRC and SHB were way too small! LOL! Yes, everyone has a preference. If you find SGR too big, I'd recommend staying on the Riviera side with the ocean, and you could just stay on that side if you didn't want to go across the street. That would give it a smaller feel. However, I still like the Manor side much better. But if you only stayed on that side, you couldn't go in the ocean, so it's the only drawback. The service there is excellent, too. I still think all around it can't be beat!