We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shaw Park Resort

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
281 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Shaw Park Resort

Looking for a small budget hotel. Need to have easy access to beach and property as taking parents on a holiday (father 91 yrs and mother 84 yrs) Hope I can travel when I'm that old!!! Have been reading reviews and would like to know more about this resort. Price for Al a Carte? What is available to dine off resort and the cost? Is there a email address to contact resort to specify a good room for the elderly couple? What are the best rooms to request?Any suggestions Tips greatly appreciated Thanks in advance

Nuneaton...
Level Contributor
460 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shaw Park Resort

Hi gaba55

Please read recent reviews before you take your parents to Shaw Park.

I used to go to Shaw Park every year in 90s and early part of 2000. It was heaven on earth. I stopped while the children grew up.

3 years ago, I went back to Jamaica and booked into Runaway Bay. I have gone back there every year since then.

I have visited Shaw Park each year to see what is happening to it. I was there 6 weeks ago. The resort has sufferred severe neglect. The property has not been looked after. There are very few employees. The few residents are not looked after.The local taxi drivers I have spoken to say that the new owner has no intention of having resident clients. He makes money by having people off the cruise ships come there for the day on the beach.

I would not recommend that you take your parents to that place. If you still take them there, ask for apartment R1. Its patio door opens onto the beach less than ten steps away.

Right now, I wouldn't go there if you paid for me.

Hope that is useful and relevant. Sorry if it hasn't been.

Regards,

1november

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
281 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shaw Park Resort

thank you, do you know about the Breezes Trewlany would it be suitable? Want a resort where the rooms are not a far walk to the beach

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
1,678 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shaw Park Resort

Breezes Trelawny is a resort that caters to children. It is in desperate need of a major renovation. What is you budget pp gaba and when are you looking to go? The prices fluctuate a great deal depending on season. You will find that Jamaica is one of the more expensive islands to visit.

Nuneaton...
Level Contributor
460 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shaw Park Resort

Hi gaba55

I would take them to Royal Decameron Club Caribbean in Runaway Bay. Book them into an Ocean View cottage. Ask for number 117 my favourite. It is at the quiet end of the beach and has a small bar where they can get tea, coffee, cakes and booze. I will send you my photo of the location if you want.

The resort is a smallish all inclusive. They will be able to pick and choose their food. They cannot do so in Shaw Park. There were a few people in their age bracket when I was there, last August 2011.

Best wishes for your parents and yourself.

Regards,

1november

Level Contributor
15 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shaw Park Resort

I have been reading about royal decameron in runaway bay. My husband and I have been to Jamaica 3 times, but each time stayed in Negril. We want to unwind and re-boot. We want to relax. we are between 52-56, love to travel, love the caribbean. Our last couple of trips have been to Europe and we just want to NOT shop, NOT sightsee, just relax, drink a good cocktail and eat some nice food. We are not ones to do the big all inclusivews, we like clean, quiet and clean. Do you think this fits the bill, I keep look at this hotel and right now there are some great deals. Thank you

Islamorada, Florida
Level Contributor
65 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shaw Park Resort

dtripUsa.....sounds like www.highhopeestate.com might be the perfect place for you two. check it out and reviews too.

Level Contributor
15 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shaw Park Resort

thank you, i will check it out. Looks nice.

jamaica
Level Contributor
950 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Shaw Park Resort

Sounds like a villa would be a much better fit for you & your parents....try www.vrbo.com....then go to Jamaica & check either Silver Sands or Duncans. Many very nice villas & a beautiful beach!

9. Re: Shaw Park Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2012, 02:16
Get answers to your questions about Ocho Rios
Recent Conversations