We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recent stay at Sandals Grande Ocho Rios

Which Ocho Rios hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Invermere BC
Level Contributor
58 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Recent stay at Sandals Grande Ocho Rios

We stayed for a week here from Feb4-11 2006. I have posted a review under "We Had a Great Time!" Feel free to email me if you have questions about anything.

BCanadian

Invermere BC
Level Contributor
58 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recent stay at Sandals Grande Ocho Rios

Email: c_bidinger@msn.com.....oops

Pa.
Level Contributor
1,047 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recent stay at Sandals Grande Ocho Rios

was wondering, visited SGOR web site they only show about 10 side trips is that all they offer or when you get there are more things offered that are notlisted on their web page? Also if you did not book a butler in advance can you pay the difference once you get there if you decide you would like to have a butler?

Columbia, Pa
Level Contributor
176 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Recent stay at Sandals Grande Ocho Rios

Anyone notice Crazy Ray.. entertainment crew.. he was with Breezes Montego Bay but i heard he came to Sandals Grande

Invermere BC
Level Contributor
58 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recent stay at Sandals Grande Ocho Rios

The amount of side trips sounds about right. I can't remember all of them. We only took in two as we really wanted to relax at the resort and not be busy everyday. I am not sure about concierge(sp) service.....we had a fridge which was stocked daily and that was enough for us, sorry I can't help on that one. We did not take in any of the entertainment, we usually ate late and then went to our room as we always were up early, getting old I guess!..lol

UK
Level Contributor
463 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recent stay at Sandals Grande Ocho Rios

MMTravellers..re Butlers.

We tried to upgrade to a Butler Suite whilst we were there, and during a 14 night stay, were unable to.

For a Romeo and Juliet Suite, we were told you need to book well in advance, we have already booked ours for Jan 07!

We took a site inspection tour whilst we were there giving us an opportunity to view suites for future visits. Our favourites were the R&J suites, and also the four penthouse suites on the Riviera Buildings. They are very different but both lovely in their own way. We didnt fancy the grande luxe villa suites as the pools are not private despite what they say in brochure.

Its worth shopping around on prices.. I took over a week contacting various companies in order to get the best price. Go there in the end but did have to do some serious shopping around!

During our stay in January, we had a great concierge suite in the Manor House. There are only two of these suites, 7101 and 7102..both were terrific. Nice big suites, 7101 has ocean/pool view, 7102 mountain view. For a value for money suite but not at butler level, just concierge, both of those rooms were lovely.

Hope this helps.

Spencer, IA
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Recent stay at Sandals Grande Ocho Rios

My fiance and I are going next year for our honeymoon so the room advice really helps. Would you recommend the conceirge service or is it overrated? Also, I am sure you visited Dunn's River, which is better to stay at in your opinion?

Invermere BC
Level Contributor
58 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Recent stay at Sandals Grande Ocho Rios

I wish we had gotten a chance to visit Dunns River, I have heard good things about it. SGOR is a very large resort because it has combined two into one. SDR is smaller which some people like....I was comparing reviews on both on trip advisor and they each have pro's and con's depending on your likes and dislikes. I really liked the Manor Side at SGOR the best and this is where we spent the most time. I think the butler service is nice if you can afford it but having not had it when we went was fine. Our maids would get us extra when we asked (more so after we tipped them!) and except for room service (which we didn't have) I can't see paying all that extra, but again, depends on your preference.