We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Southwest Airlines

Easton, Md
Level Contributor
38 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Southwest Airlines

Does Southwest airlines fly into Jamaica? They are advertising bags fly free. If my wife could get a free ticket it would make our vacation alot cheaper

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
899 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Southwest Airlines

Southwest doesn't currently fly anywhere outside of the US. They are in the process of merging with AirTran, which does fly to Montego Bay. Perhaps once that merger is complete, then Southwest will have flights to the Caribbean.

Level Contributor
477 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Southwest Airlines

airtran charged us 30 for one bag! good thing i had my debit card on me, cuz I was outta money from Jamaica, however, Delta who merged with Northwest, did not charge us for up to two bags or 2 bags each, is there a delta from where you are?

Level Contributor
477 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Southwest Airlines

when we first flew in 2007 northwest (delta) I was getting married and checked 5 bags! (all free) but seriously on my last trip (5th trip) my teen and i checked 1 bag (38 pounds) and each a carryon.. as you continue to go to Jamaica, and I am sure you will! trust me, even your wife will smarten up, and really downsize on packing!

4. Re: Southwest Airlines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 December 2011, 16:26
Tully, New York
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
757 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Southwest Airlines

I would recommend that you check the “baggage” links of different airlines. I flew American Airlines last year (Miami to MBJ) and they allowed at least one bag for free on international flights. I believe many others do as well.

Bodega, California
Level Contributor
14,470 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Southwest Airlines

Southwest flies to Mexico.

Yes, when researching your air be sure to not only check the baggage policies and fees but also the seating policies and fees. What seemed like the cheapest flight can often turn into the most expensive.

If you are premier flyer on United or American you automatically get two bags checked for free. If you fly First Class on American you get three checked at no charge.

KVR
Odessa, Texas
Level Contributor
1,604 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Southwest Airlines

I have never been charged bag fees on Continential or American when flying to the Caribbean or Mexico. Just when flying within the United States.

Level Contributor
477 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Southwest Airlines

thank your for the tip on American! i think they fly out of my airport so thanks for the second option.

9. Re: Southwest Airlines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 15:17