We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Ocho Rios question

Toronto, On
Level Contributor
29 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Riu Ocho Rios question

Hey all,

For those who have visited -- what, in your opinion, is the best 'area' of the resort (or building) to request?

We find they are very good at accommodating these requests with Riu and just wondering what people who have been there think.

Thanks,

Nicole

Ontario
Level Contributor
92 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Riu Ocho Rios question

I'm wondering the same thing.

We are 2 women traveling who both have walking issues.

Thanks in advance.

Peterborough, Canada
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Riu Ocho Rios question

I have to say that the deluxe wing (newer) is the better... you pay a bit more but the rooms are nicer.. yes from the deluxe wing there is a longer walk/roll.... I've seen people complain.. I mean "provide feedback" that it is a good distance... I guess it really depends on your ability :)

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
90 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Riu Ocho Rios question

I would suggest you ask for block one, which is above the buffet restaraunt with probably the least amount of walking.

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
1,399 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Riu Ocho Rios question

The newer wing is by far the best, mostly great views from all rooms and rooms are larger with a little sitting area with a small couch near the balcony. It is further away from the restaurants but worth it in my opinion.

Cheers,

Jonii

Virginia Beach, VA
Level Contributor
67 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Riu Ocho Rios question

It really depends on what you want. If you want to be close to everything, request Building 1 or 2. The deluxe wing is very nice, but be prepared to walk a bit further to dinner, etc. Some of the rooms on the deluxe wing overlook the theatre, so these will be noisy at night.

Also - just an FYI - I sent an email to the RIU before my trip requesting a room on a higher floor in a certain building and I did not get it. I never received a response to my email and they had no recollection of it at check-in. When vacationing at a RIU in Mexcio, I recieved an almost immediate response and my room was ready for me when I arrived based on my email. Good luck and have fun!

Ontario
Level Contributor
92 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Riu Ocho Rios question

Thanks for your help.

NH
Level Contributor
496 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Riu Ocho Rios question

You are right about the e-mails. i have e-mailed them 2 times and still no reply. When i went to Playa Del Carmen they were quick to respond.

8. Re: Riu Ocho Rios question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 June 2013, 10:18