We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Couples Sans Souci questions

SOUTHAMPTON
Level Contributor
31 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Couples Sans Souci questions

if we take dollars with us in march can we use them to pay for things like the spa treatments?

do we need to tip anyone at the airport and the driver to the resort / trips ?

Will we have a problem booking to eat on our first day of arrival?

Are there any good tips / ideas / info for us to use at the CSS ?

is there a safe in the room and is it safe ?

As this holiday is to celebrate a 50th birthday and our 25th anniversary

is it worth mentioning or not ?

Illinois
Level Contributor
5,218 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Couples Sans Souci questions

People who require tipping while at CSS, the driver of the bus taking you to and from the resort ( 5-10$) , the baggage handlers at the airport ( $1 per bag), the people who give you spa treatments, the men who take you on the Dunn's River trip ( can not remember what we tipped, I think $5 per person). I think that handles all the tipping. I do not think they will allow you to pay for the spa with cash. You would have to charge it to your room. When you check out, you may pay your bill using cash.

If you arrive between 6am and 11pm no you will not have trouble finding food, because they have a full menu for room service between these hours. You may need to eat at one of the non reservation restaurants the first day, but many find the food excellent at all restaurants.

For your celebration, I would mention it at check in, and also to your server or the hostess on the day of your celebration. I have found Couples to being inconsistent about doing special things for your special day. Sometimes they do and sometimes they do not. So I always make sure I do something special on my own, just in case.

I have not heard of any break ins to safes at Couples.

Tips- from a friend who stayed, if you are staying in one of the room styles that may require a lot of walking, do not bring too high of heals or uncomfortable shoes !

United States
Level Contributor
12,363 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Couples Sans Souci questions

For money question see the following

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g147309-c140152/Jamai…

For the tip question see the following

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g147309-s606/Jamaica:…

Bedford, Texas
Level Contributor
319 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Couples Sans Souci questions

Go to the couples website and read the message board...questions you might have never thought of will be answered. Great resource.

We've been to San Souci 5 times and number 6 is this July...

Have fun and congratulations on your 50th B-day and 25th anniversary.

Jeff

Owen Sound, Canada
Level Contributor
498 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Couples Sans Souci questions

You can not use cash for Spa treatments or buying things at the resort store. They charge everything to your room (you sign a receipt for each purchase) and you settle up when you can check out. They will take cash at checkout, but CC was much easier.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
790 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Couples Sans Souci questions

I believe your questions have been answered above, we have been to CN twice and CSS twice. We love both!!!

CSS I love the fact that every room category offers an ocean view! The spa huts on the cliffs are incredible.

The grounds will blow you away! Surprises around every corner.

Take a day to stroll the grounds at your leisure and take a dip in each of the pools. Including the lobby pool. Take an evening to go to the hot tub near the mineral pool it is kind of hidden.. Nice to hang out there with a cocktail listening to the tree frogs.

You should not have a problem getting into one of the restaurants. Take care of it at checkin.

It is a very romantic place to celebrate your two special milestones! Enjoy!

AAS
Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
414 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Couples Sans Souci questions

Do bring $ to tip at the spa - spa employees are the only ones that should be tipped.

7. Re: Couples Sans Souci questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2013, 10:25