We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

If you LOVE Couples Resorts, you would love....

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
989 posts
80 reviews
Save Topic
If you LOVE Couples Resorts, you would love....

We are trying to find a new destination to try that has the same qualities as couples resorts just in another country. My husband wants to try a new destination, so we can't go to couples or else we would. We recently stayed at the Jewel Dunns River and by our second week we were pretty disappointed/over it and tried to transfer to Couples with no luck. We were thinking of trying a sandals but are concerned that it would be like the Jewel. Any suggestions would be great!

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
1,678 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: If you LOVE Couples Resorts, you would love....

Wow, 2 days to get to Jamaica is ridiculous! We have friends in Edmonton that fly direct, seems strange you cant do it from Vancouver. On a brighter note, it is a great excuse to have to stay for 2 weeks!!!

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,067 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: If you LOVE Couples Resorts, you would love....

<The Royal Cancun, a great resort that we feel was up to the Couples standard in every way.>

Having stayed at CSA many times and having visited The Royal I find them nothing alike.

The Royal is not couples only, it is large and glitzy, there are extra perks for guests in certain rooms aka Sandals Butler categories, pool area was busy with loud music. We knew from just being there for a visit it was not for us.

I suggest El Dorado Seaside Suites in the Riviera Maya. It has much of the ambiance of Couples, great food, romantic and lush grounds with lots of bali beds everywhere. Beach is not gorgeous but we loved the resort and compared it often to CSA while we were there. It is low key, casual elegance.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
4,430 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: If you LOVE Couples Resorts, you would love....

Oh my gosh, I would not every consider staying at Excellence in Punta Cana for two weeks or is it close to the service level that you would get at Couples.

We were there several years ago and that is the one place we said we would never go back to. The food was good, but the service was awful, the beach is nice but the water is so rough we were only able to get in the ocean 2 out of the 8 days we were there other then to just put our feet in. True there are no beach vendors. The main pool is pretty, but so shallow that by mid day it is like bath water. The inifinty pool is nice, but half the time the bar was closed and when it was open it was not well stocked.

You might want to check out Rendevous in St. Lucia.

Edited: 27 February 2012, 13:19
Rehoboth Beach...
Level Contributor
4,625 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: If you LOVE Couples Resorts, you would love....

@Gary1213 yes it is funny have people have different perspectives. For instance you could not GIVE me a vacation to anyplace in Cancun. To me Cancun is nothing more then a party place for adolescent spring breakers looking to see how drunk they can get.

We went, saw and could not wait to get the heck out of town. Row after row of high rise resorts.....not my take of a beach vacation......but like you say "to each there own I guess."

Plantation, Florida
Level Contributor
675 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: If you LOVE Couples Resorts, you would love....

If you're planning to visit St. Lucia, check out the Jade Mountain resort. So beautiful and unique!!! Best views, amenities and privacy..but pricey.

Edited: 28 February 2012, 14:39
16. Re: If you LOVE Couples Resorts, you would love....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 02:16