We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Couples Tower Isle VS. Couples San Souci

Which Ocho Rios hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
11 posts
Save Topic
Couples Tower Isle VS. Couples San Souci

Hi, I was having a hard time deciding where to stay in Ocho Rios, as this is my 1st time visiting. THANKS to all the great imput I have decided to stay at a Couples Resort,

NOW... I just need some great, HONEST feedback about Couples Tower Isle VS. Couple San Souci so I can decide on which resort. So please give me your pros and cons on both.

THANKS!!

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
4,387 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Couples Tower Isle VS. Couples San Souci

I guess we need to know a little about you.

We have been to CSS and loved it. It is very romantic, the pools are amazing, the food is great. The spa is wonderful. But CSS has a lot of stairs,.

CTI had a big renovation a couple of years ago and that is one that we have not been to. But there are many here who love it. Oh Frodo, where are you.

My best advice is to ask you which one calls to you the most.

Illinois
Level Contributor
5,130 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Couples Tower Isle VS. Couples San Souci

Well I stayed at CTI and loved it. Did trading spaces to CSS and loved it enough to book it for this September ( our last Couples resort to visit).

So my information about CSS will be based on a day visit and lots of research.

Food- CTI has more food options, and I LOVED the food at this resort better then ANY i have stayed at ANYWHERE. I hate buffets for dinner, but theirs was great. CSS is also known for their great food, but CTI receives more praise in this department. Both resorts also offer room service for all meals.

BEACH- I truly enjoyed both beaches. Both are smaller ( compared to Negril), but private. I have found the water at CTI is known on occasion to be more rough then CSS.

INCLUSIONS- both resorts offer the same inclusions: snorkeling, basic scuba, water sports, Dunn's River Falls trip, but CTI also offer free Catamaran Cruise.

ROOMS- I found all the rooms at CTI to have a very bright and cheery feel. All the rooms that face the ocean have a nice verandah overlooking the ocean. With the exception of the One Bedroom Suite and CTI, rooms are the size of a typical hotel room. At CSS, most room are a little older feel, but all are large, most have huge verandahs and offer more privacy.

RESORT LAY OUT- CSS is known for their stairs, it is spread out, built on a cliff, and walking is involved ( but usually welcome after all the food and drinks). CTI is a long thin resort, built with the building spread along the length of the ocean. The dining areas, lobby, bar, work out area are all in one central area. Not much walking involved.

GENERAL FEEL OF THE RESORT- CTI is a more social resort , mainly due to it's set up. We had a great time socially at this resort, met many couples and did much hanging out because we were constantly meeting the same people. CSS is known for romance. Due to it's set up, you will have many spots to go off by yourself, and not see anyone if you are interested. However, from what I understand, Sunset beach ( the au natural beach area), is known to be very social.

STAFF- both resorts are known for their exceptional staff and great entertainment teams.

One thing I loved about CTI was the Jamaican modern feel to this resort, I LOVED the lobby area, and the beautiful view . One thing that stuck out in my head about CSS was it's feeling of romance and privacy.

Both resorts are wonderful. Take a look a the pictures here on Trip Advisor and like already advised , see which one " calls to you".

I truly believe you would have an awesome trip at either resort.

Kalamazoo, Michigan
Level Contributor
883 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Couples Tower Isle VS. Couples San Souci

NM summed up each nicely. Both are great, but CTI is more our style. Just booked trip number four for April 2013! (FWIW, CN is our second fave.)

Boston...
11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Couples Tower Isle VS. Couples San Souci

Norwegianmama.... THANKS SO MUCH!! Ugggggh I am so torn. I want that modern feel and socialization but the romance of CSS sounds so welcoming and inviting. What is a girl to do?? I love how everyone describes the romance of CSS. I feel like EVERY review says CTI is new and modern but CSS is just sooooooo romantic. I just don't know because it sounds like CTI is so my speed and CSS is his, where he is just soooooo laid back, reserved and not a social bunny. I'm going to put them both in a hat and which ever I come out with is where we will stay... haha haha... THANKS SO MUCH!!

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
4,387 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Couples Tower Isle VS. Couples San Souci

Deanne, that sounds like a great plan. Something that you should know about Couples though you can be as social as you would like or as non-social. We have been to CN, which is our favorite, and not really interacted with many folks. And we have been there when we have made with folks who are live long freinds.

Also, if you get to CSS and find that you are not really happy there, as long as there is room at CTI, I am pretty certain that Couples will move you. And vice versa.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
1,678 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Couples Tower Isle VS. Couples San Souci

Hi Deanne;

We have been to both. Actually, we booked 2 weeks at CTI and went over to CSS for a day and fell in love with it. They moved us the next morning, on day 8 of our vacation.

CTI was nice, dont get me wrong. However, it is a true hotel. A large building, 4 stories high I believe. We disliked the noise from the hallways in the middle of the night from people talking on their way back to their rooms. The piano bar was really the only place to go after the entertainment was done and it was so cold we couldnt stay. There was nowhere to take a stroll after dinner either, which we like to do. The water was quite rough and the beach very small. On the plus side, the rooms are newer and shinier, the service is the best we have ever had at Couples and the food was amazing!

CSS was heaven! Huge rooms, no more than 3 stories high and no hallways! The entertainment was outside by the pool and very intimate (the singer was literally 5 feet away from you) The grounds are gorgeous , the water much calmer (i could float for hours) and the nude beach was much nicer than the island at CTI. On the downside, there are a lot of steps, the furnishings could use a little sprucing up and it gets a little dead after midnight. Truth be told, if you want nightlife, you go to CSA! We hardly get any sleep there!

Every Couples is different and has pros and cons. You have to look at all 4 and see which one calls to you.

Edited: 09 April 2012, 05:03
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,736 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Couples Tower Isle VS. Couples San Souci

we were ones that preferred CTI over CSS... (we stayed at CTI and did a trading spaces at CSS, so take my comments with that in mind)

the funky vibe at CTI spoke to us more than the "old world" charm of CSS (which IMO could use some TLC in some areas)... at CTI everything felt very new and fresh (an accomplishment since it is one of the island's older hotels), which was more our style... also having the view of the island from our balcony well made up for the smaller size of it for me... it was one of the nicest views i've had in any property on the island...

the crowd at CTI to us was much more social and upbeat, CSS as mentioned is a larger property with more nooks and crannies and we honestly didn't see that many people... those we did see were much more reserved...

there was also more people in general the time we were there (this was end of August).. CSS had lower occupancy and had even gone to a menu-ed lunch (we LOVED the buffets at CTI, so this was a disappointment to us, others might prefer having the personal service (which we found a bit slow, but it was later in the lunch timeframe that we dined)...

hope that helps some... i've reviewed CTI if you'd like to know more of our experiences..

Chelle

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
1,678 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Couples Tower Isle VS. Couples San Souci

And this is why all of us "couplesholics" go through the agony every year! Cannot decide which resort to go to or how long to stay. We are now at the point where we have to do a split trip, one week at a Negril resort and a week at CSS.

Owen Sound, Canada
Level Contributor
496 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Couples Tower Isle VS. Couples San Souci

Just as an FYI, as of August 20, 2012, CTI will no longer be offering the Catamaran Cruise.

Here is a link to the announcement;

couples.com/mb/showthread.php…

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
790 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Couples Tower Isle VS. Couples San Souci

NM did a great job. One thing I will add after visiting all 4.

CSS the most lush grounds of all 4.

CTI biggest negative for us was the lack of grounds (of all 4)