We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Couples Snas Souci and buffets

Which Ocho Rios hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Halifax
Level Contributor
143 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Couples Snas Souci and buffets

Just following up on a thread that got deleted at the Couples site.

Does it bother anyone else that the repeater's dinner went to a buffet at Sans Souci?

We really didn't enjoy it and were relieved when the CN dinner was still a-la-carte (we did a split between the two for our two weeks).

When I talk to people about vacations and especially all inclusives, one thing they use as a measure of quality is how many buffet meals there are. The more there are, the lower they judge the resort/experience.

It made a total of 3 dinner buffets plus all the breakfasts.

I can't imagine the feedback was good from the repeater's dinner we attended as it seemed a slight disaster for those tables whose turn was anywhere near the last to go.

Rochester, NY
Level Contributor
305 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Couples Snas Souci and buffets

Just returned home from CSS last night. The Repeater's Party was on Wednesday night, inside. It was a sit down dinner & it was excellent. Lobster was served along w/ tenderloin.

Pierre sat at our table & he said once the summer/hot months were over (late Sept/early Oct-ish), they planned on taking it back outside on the pool deck & doing the buffet.

dallas
Level Contributor
29 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Couples Snas Souci and buffets

I'm a first timer at CSS. Do I get lobster?

Level Contributor
382 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Couples Snas Souci and buffets

In season. And it was great

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
1,678 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Couples Snas Souci and buffets

Couples has a problem in that their repeat guest business is way higher than most resorts. Those of you that have been to CSS will know that there really isnt a restaurant big enough to hold a large group of repeaters. Last time we were there, they used the conference centre and it was a sit down dinner.

Toronto
Level Contributor
924 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Couples Snas Souci and buffets

We were there last March, and will go again this March. The repeater dinner is now on Wednesdays, and in the winter Pierre said they are holding it outside around the pool. It was half served, appitizers and salad, then the rest was buffet. We were there the year before and it was totally sit down and inside. I admit I prefer it to be sit down. I found the buffet version just as long as the sit down, and I hate walking around with a plate of food. It really breaks up conversations, and changes the mood of the table when all of a suden you have to get up and line up. Pierre said it was a new thing they were trying, but if I had to vote I would put it back to beinga full sit down dinner. Especially since they are doing it on lobster night, so you will get lobster anywhere you eat. I am thinking of skipping the repeat dinner this year. We arrive on a Thursday so the dinner is at the end of our stay. When it was on Thurday, it was great for us to meet new people at the beginning of the week.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,066 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Couples Snas Souci and buffets

We avoid buffets whenever possible and would not bother with a repeaters dinner if it were a buffet. On the beach party nights we always book at one of the restaurants or go off property.

I agree that I personally associate buffets with lower cost resorts. I would stay anywhere if buffet dining were the only option. One of the reasons we enjoy CSA is that we can avoid the buffet for most meals, except when Patios is closed for breakfast.

17. Re: Couples Snas Souci and buffets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 January 2014, 05:16