We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaches resort in Ochos Rios

illinois
Level Contributor
64 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Beaches resort in Ochos Rios

I am just wondering if anyone has any experience with the Beaches resort in Ochos Rios? THis is our first time traveling anywhere in the caribbean. Is Ochos Rios a safe area to leave the resort and do other sightseeing etc? Any and all help or suggestions would be great.

thanks

Boston
Level Contributor
131 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beaches resort in Ochos Rios

We have been there a couple of times. The first time in 2009 was MUCH better than the last, which was this past July July. I would hold off on going any time soon because there is construction at this resort. When are you traveling?

As far as leaving the resort, you are fine if you go on an organized tour. You really can't walk off the resort because there doesn't seem to be much withing walking distance.

The beach at this resort is small and closed off at both ends, so if you like long walks on the beach, this place may not be best. Having said that, the beach is fine, especially if you have young ones to keep an eye on.

illinois
Level Contributor
64 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beaches resort in Ochos Rios

Thanks for your reply. I am not planning my vacation until next summer but i need to start looking adn planning now so that i can afford it. we have 5 of us (17,12,12) andso we thought that beaches resorts would be the best with all the amenities they offer as an all inclusive. i am on a strict budget and this Beaches seemed to be perfect as far as price. I think I'll keep looking though. Even if the construction is finished next summer I certainly want more than a little beach. I really wanted something in the USVI but there doesn't seem to be many all inclusives there at all that include much.

again, thanks so much for your reply

Rehoboth Beach...
Level Contributor
4,631 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beaches resort in Ochos Rios

Please take a look at The Jewel Runaway Bay! They will be accepting children as of November 2012. The beach there is beautiful, has off beach snorkeling, awesome pools and lots of activities to keep everyone busy.

If you are a golfer it is also included.

Beaches is overpriced, IMO, for the quality of the resort, quality of amenities and your children are probably a bit old for the type of entertainment they offer.

Ochi is fine to leave the resort. If you are interested in a list of things to do let me know. I can post for you.

Edited: 11 August 2012, 00:02
illinois
Level Contributor
64 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beaches resort in Ochos Rios

Thanks! I'm going to look into that right now!

5. Re: Beaches resort in Ochos Rios

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 19:16