We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals Grande Riviera

Which Ocho Rios hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
massapequa, ny
Level Contributor
208 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Sandals Grande Riviera

Is there real good security at Sandals Grande Riviera? ( With the resort being so large) Planning to book a trip soon. Just read about a robbery at the Riu.

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,116 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandals Grande Riviera

We've been there 5 times and have never had an issue! (knocking on wood now...lol!) We stay on the Manor side at the top of the hill, and there are guards that stand there, and we have seen them many times. Especially late at night when we are heading to bed. Also, the jitneys go up and down the hill all the time, so there are a lot of people around a lot of the time that could see people. I don't know exactly what happened at Riu, so I don't know what your exact concerns are. All of the rooms have been updated to the safes with a number code (when we started going in 06 they still had a key. So did the rooms!). And the busses run back and forth until 2am, and there is a guard at all of the entrances of the resort that lift up the road block thingy every time they come by, so someone is always at the entrances, too.

Tully, New York
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
753 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandals Grande Riviera

BSBgirl pretty much covered it all. We have stayed on the Riviera side and never had any concerns even late at night. My wife would sometimes stay out later at night and we both felt secure with her out alone. I would sometimes walk around very early morning and would see grounds keepers and cleaning staff throughout the property. I never was out without seeing people no matter what the hour was, mostly workers but many guests as well. The lobbys are alway with people, some coming and going from the airport others getting a snack or coffee.

massapequa, ny
Level Contributor
208 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandals Grande Riviera

Thanks so much for the info, that really answered my concerns.

4. Re: Sandals Grande Riviera

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2013, 10:17