We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One more Sandals question please?

massapequa, ny
Level Contributor
208 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
One more Sandals question please?

Ready to book for last week in March vacation. Can't wait. Is the Manor side quieter, my husband and I love the peace and quiet at times. Looking at the Garden of Eden room or the Jasmine Grove room. Can you give me some advise. Need one of the lower priced rooms.

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,124 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One more Sandals question please?

Manor side is definitely quieter, especially up in the villas. I thought the Garden of Eden and Jasmine Grove rooms were on the Riviera side though??? If you are choosing one of the lower level rooms, the Great House room would probably be quieter than the Riviera building lowest priced room.

massapequa, ny
Level Contributor
208 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One more Sandals question please?

Yes, I guess these rooms are on the Riviera side. The prices on these rooms are not too bad. How is the Riviera side? Stayed in Couples resort and even with the a/c on you could hear loud music, carts being pushed early am. (5am) Any info would be appreciated.

Tully, New York
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
755 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One more Sandals question please?

We have stayed in the Riviera building and unless you are a sound sleeper, like I am, if you are on the ocean side it can be a bit loud until late (for me late anyway). But if you get into the rooms away from the Riviera building and there are lots to choose from, the building sort of shields the noise.

That said, in April we will be on the Manor side for the first time to see if it is more to our desires. We love the beach and being in the ocean but enjoy the Manor pool and the difference from the Riviera side.

We do truly enjoy SGR and we spend time on both sides while we are there where ever we have our room. Each side has its own personality.

massapequa, ny
Level Contributor
208 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One more Sandals question please?

How about the Jasmine Grove rooms? Any info about those rooms, are they in a quiet area?

Edited: 14 September 2012, 03:01
United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,124 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One more Sandals question please?

I have actually never stayed on the Riviera side. This is my absolute favorite resort, but I honestly don't think I'd like my room on the Riviera side. We go over there a lot, and probably eat dinner over there like 5 or 7 nights, but I'd still keep my room on the Manor. Even the Manor Great House at night is quieter than the Riviera building is. Jamie's bar is the bottom floor of the Riviera building, and club music goes until at least 2am. Then breakfast starts getting set up early am.

In the Great House, the Polo Lounge is our favorite place to hang out at night, but it isn't loud like Jamie's. And when they set up breakfast, the rooms are 2 floors above the restaurant, so I would think it was quieter. And in the villas, you don't hear anything! You could sleep all day if you wanted to! The occasional jitney, but very easily slept through. If quiet is what you want, the Manor side is better!

Barrie Ontario
Level Contributor
1,058 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: One more Sandals question please?

we stayed in manor house by jitney area had to asked to be moved. Very loud the halls echo alot near lobby.

massapequa, ny
Level Contributor
208 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: One more Sandals question please?

Does that mean the Jasmine Grove room is in the Riviera building?

Henderson, North...
Level Contributor
59 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: One more Sandals question please?

We stayed in the Jasmine Grove last year. It is in the Riviera building. I can't remember it being loud at night. We loved it! But we are beach people and loved walking down a few steps and being right there. In fact we enjoyed the Riviera side so much, we didn't even make it to the other side. Which ever room you choose I'm sure you will have a wonderful time!

Tully, New York
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
755 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: One more Sandals question please?

The Jasmine Grove rooms are in the Riviera building but have a view of the gardens. The rooms on the other side of the building have a view of the ocean. The noise from the bars which face the ocean might bother some. It would be much quieter on the other side where your room would be. We have stayed in the Riviera building on the ocean side on the upper floors. We were far enough away I guess that we could hear the music but we able to deal with it by closing the door. Perhaps the noise on the lower floors would be worse but I am not sure.

Pickering, Canada
Level Contributor
97 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: One more Sandals question please?

We stayed in a Banyon Grove room in March. In fact, it was the last cottage that leads to the Riviera main building. Nicely situated. A little small, but how much time do you spend in the room? We had stayed on the Manor side the previous year. We would only stay on the Riviera side in the future.