We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals Grande Riviera - Best Memories

Which Ocho Rios hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Innisfil, Canada
Level Contributor
540 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
Sandals Grande Riviera - Best Memories

We are going back to SGR on November 24th for one week. We haven't been since our honeymoon 17 years ago and can't wait to see the changes.

One of our favourite memories was the mixology class in the pool - not sure if they still do that but it was absolutely hilarious! Game was played with (too much) tequila and most of the participants were not seen again until the next day!

Another was the beach games - one in particular was where participants had to put their forehead on the top of a baseball bat that was standing upright on the beach and then spin around 20 times. Dizzy can't even begin to describe what happens to you! Totally hilarious when people then had to try and run across the beach!

Staff were wonderful - so warm and friendly - always willing to stop and share a story or two!

Can't wait to go back -

WHATS YOUR FAVOURITE STORY OR MEMORY?

Edited: 26 September 2012, 12:45
Buffalo, New York
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
938 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandals Grande Riviera - Best Memories

We will be going in 38 more days! This will be our first time to SGR but have been to other Sandals in which they have done the Mixology class so I am sure they will be doing it here.

We have never been disappointed with a Sandals resort and so looking forward to SGR and our favorite memory is just meeting all the wonderful people!

Innisfil, Canada
Level Contributor
540 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandals Grande Riviera - Best Memories

38 days! I look foward to your review when you get back!

Sandals staff are certainly wonderful! We went to Beaches Boscobel (family version of Sandals) a couple of years ago with the kids and the staff there were wonderful as well.

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,113 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandals Grande Riviera - Best Memories

@jmhallmark, We will be there then, too! Maybe we will see you! :)

Milandralove, they still do mixology and I did it last time and it was lots of fun. Didn't know me out, but fun, lol! And they do the spinning thing, but I don't do it.

My best memories are at Ethel's piano bar doing the sing alongs. Can't think if his name is Oscar or Oliver, but the piano player is great and so much fun!

Also, watching football at Jamie's is fun. And one year during Monday night football, I did karaoke during it, too. It seemed like everyone was in that bar and it was just so much fun!!

Too many memories to count! Seeing staff and people you've met online in person at the resort is great, too!

Innisfil, Canada
Level Contributor
540 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandals Grande Riviera - Best Memories

BSBgirl - I completely forgot about the sing alongs! ...that does bring back great memories for me as well!

I can't believe they still do the mixology - hubby will be thrilled! Was such fun!

Can't wait for the beach games - I don't do the spinning thing either - but I do love to watch other people attempt it!

I am getting jealous - everyone is going before me!

I will look for your review too!

Buffalo, New York
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
938 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sandals Grande Riviera - Best Memories

@BSB - hate to admit this but will be there attending a tax conference - yes the nerdy accountants will be at Sandals that week - but we do know how to party!!!

I think you caught me on the facebook page when you saw we lived so close!

ahhhhh - to 38 more loooonnggggg days!

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,113 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sandals Grande Riviera - Best Memories

@jm I am an accountant, too, lol! But I am not going for the conference, so I am leaving my adding machine at home!!! I think I did talk to you on facebook!

@Mil I just caught my typo and meant "knock" me out. Oooops! The mixology was actually on the Daily Breeze, so it will be easy for you to catch it. We did it in the Manor pool, but I think it was in most of the pools at some point. My husband did a couples beach games, and he did flip cup while it was raining, and we did the fishing for a liquor bottle in the rain, too. Always something to do! :)

I will definitely write a review!

Innisfil, Canada
Level Contributor
540 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sandals Grande Riviera - Best Memories

Hey BSBgirl,

I will definately keep an eye out for the Daily Breeze - do they deliver it to your room or do you have to pick it up somewhere?

Ocala, Florida
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios, Negril, Montego Bay
Level Contributor
2,197 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sandals Grande Riviera - Best Memories

They usually deliver them to your room at turndown at night --- but if you don't get one they have them at the front desk.

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,113 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sandals Grande Riviera - Best Memories

Some days they weren't "ready" yet. Very amusing to me since the newsletter is only valid for one day, so you'd think they get them ready the night before to be sure everyone had one! :)

If I couldn't get it the night before, they had it the next morning. I like to play the trivia stuff, so I always like to see where it is that day and decide where we'll hang out from there. It also tells you which restaurants are open, and the hours, and the hours for the bars, and if there's any special events like the Beach party or the chocolate buffet. Also, specials for the spa and gift shop are in it.

Nova Scotia , Canada
Level Contributor
39 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sandals Grande Riviera - Best Memories

Yayyyyy This will be our first time at any sandals resort :) but we will be there then to!! :) 41 more lonnnnnnnnng days for us, goes quick tho! So excited!!!

Edited: 29 September 2012, 16:39