We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SDR Balcony's

California
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Topic
SDR Balcony's

Hello everyone-

Can someone please explain the setup of the SDR balcony's? We booked a

Grand Lux Ocean View room for June and I thought that all the balcony's have glass French doors that open onto the Balcony. Looking at pictures posted though, it looks like some rooms have glass french doors, and some rooms only have a window, with a solid wood door you have to go through to get to the balcony. Is this true? I would be very upset and dissapointed if I paid for a room with a balcony, only to find a window with a seperate door to get to the balcony. If the balcony is not directly in front of the room, it would make the room feel closed off. On the Sandals Website it looks like all the balcony room have French doors.

Thank you for for your help and comments!

Michal

South Bend, IN
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SDR Balcony's

Hi Michal,

We were upgrated to the Grand Lux Ocean View room and it had french doors leading out to the balcony. We left them open quite a bit too. In the evening though the mosquitos start flying in, so we shut them then.

Maryland
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: SDR Balcony's

MMolett,

It's true, some of the rooms don't have the french doors to the balcony. From the looks of the pictures it seems to be every other room. I think the idea was to give some privacy so that the balconys weren't all lined up next to each other so when you were sitting out there you weren't looking at your neighbors. The balconys that have the wooden door out are also concrete walls instead of railings which even further makes you feel closed off.

I too have been concerned about this and have looked at MANY pictures. I've been advised to just request a room with the french doors when we get there.

89 days and counting! Sheeesh time is going by slow!

Saint Charles...
Level Contributor
174 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: SDR Balcony's

We have had the french doors only once and the window with the side door four times. We have enjoyed both. It seems that the side door balcony has a bigger patio area. Also, the window is the width of the wall and gives a great view - not a closed off feeling at all. I'm sure they would try to accommodate you when you get there.

California
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: SDR Balcony's

Thank you so much for your replies! I'll just make a request for a room with French Doors and see what happen's. Are the balcony's set up like this only for the Grand Lux Rooms? Are the Honeymoon Conceige balcony's and higher priced rooms set up like this too?

Thanks for all the information! :o)

Michal

Indian River...
Level Contributor
453 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: SDR Balcony's

Make sure you ask for a room with the french doors. We had one and loved it. We had the doors open most of the time and it just made the experience that much better. (no problem with bugs) The balcony on the rooms that open to the side sits back from the balcony with the french doors. We found that when we looked out the side of our balcony you could look into the side door off the next rooms balcony and see right in to their bed. (thankfully we never saw anyone in the bed!)

I can't remember our whole room number. In fact I couldn't the whole time we were there. But the last two numbers were 16. I think it was 3416. We were on the fourth floor directly in the center of the building. It was the best and we will request the exact same room when we go back!

Hope this helps.

Indian River...
Level Contributor
453 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: SDR Balcony's

bump