We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas in Jamacia

Which Ocho Rios hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sudbury, Canada
8 posts
Save Topic
Christmas in Jamacia

What can we expect at the SGR during Christmas?

Central PA
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas in Jamacia

Sandy Claus?

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas in Jamacia

We will be there too! Our first trip to SGR and can't wait. Hope it's fun so I can convince hubby to go away every christmas.

Aurora, Illinois
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas in Jamacia

we will be there and this is also our first trip to SGR, and our first trip over xmas, and its our (delayed) honeymoon!!

Funny you say that you're hoping to convince your husband to go away every year...I think that's what my wife is thinking too! And with the family drama brewing for this year, she just might succeed!

I'm also curious about whether there will be anything special happening due to the holiday; like a special meal or some kind of Christmas party.

Vancouver, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas in Jamacia

My two sons and I will also be theremon the 21st... 5 days to go... yippiiee. We are leaving from Vancouver, 8 hr flight, then another 90 min bus ride to hotel Does anyone know a fast way to get to hotel from montego bay airport other then the tour bus, which stops at every hotel to drop others off. The SGR is the last resort

Ocala, Florida
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios, Negril, Montego Bay
Level Contributor
2,199 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas in Jamacia

If you are taking the Sandals shuttle it does not stop at any other hotels. The only stop it may make is a short 15-20 minute rest stop.

Sudbury, Canada
8 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Christmas in Jamacia

That is what I hope to do also, a trip every year would be wonderful.

It will be great to change out this white snow for white sand.

Safe trip for everyone.

Tully, New York
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
754 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Christmas in Jamacia

carola, There is alternate transport to Ocho. I know there is plane service, Tim Air is one, and I heard there may be helicopter service as well. There are reviews on Tim Air and some (from I think 2011) showed a R/T of just over $900 and one way about half of that. After arrival in Ocho you would have about a 15 minute ride to the resort.

Look for reviews on the alternates and then decide if it is something you want. In any event ENJOY.

8. Re: Christmas in Jamacia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 December 2013, 06:16