We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Deluxe rooms at SDR??

Paducah, KY
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Deluxe rooms at SDR??

My husband and I are tightwads and booked the basic deluxe room at SDR for July. Has anyone stayed there and could advise me what to expect. I looked for pics but sandals doesn't have any of this type. Thanks so much!

Worcester...
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Deluxe rooms at SDR??

Hi,

We are booked in the same category for October. Hopefully, as ssg members we will get an upgrade but you never know. Anyway, go to sandals.com and check the virtual 360 degree tourfor SDR. I am fairly certain that the delux room in that picture is an updated current picture.

Hope you have a good trip and please post a review when you get back!

Paducah, KY
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Deluxe rooms at SDR??

Thank you so much! Have a great time on your trip!

Indian River...
Level Contributor
480 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Deluxe rooms at SDR??

The basic rooms are very nice. Everything has been renovated at SDR. You will love it. These rooms face the mountains, not the ocean. We were on the ocean side. Even though the rooms are the same inside on both sides of the hotel, I don't think I would like the mountain side because this is the side the drive is on and I would think you would get noise and fumes, but since I didnt stay on that side I cant say for sure. Maybe someone else could answer that for you.

Saint Charles...
Level Contributor
174 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Deluxe rooms at SDR??

We have stayed in a deluxe room once, a premium room once, and an oceanview grandluxe three times. All these rooms are identical except for the view. The deluxe and premium are on the mountain side which is gorgeous. The difference between deluxe and premium is the level. If I remember correctly deluxe is on the second floor and premium is anything above that. All rooms are the same size and have the same amenities.

We hate spending money on a better room. The rooms are all so nice and we are only in it to sleep and change clothes. As a returning guest you receive an upgrade, though.

Ellymae, when are you going in July? We will be there July 20 to 27. We have been to SDR five times now and we just love it there!

Paducah, KY
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Deluxe rooms at SDR??

We are going 7/2-7/8. Thanks for all of you all's help. We are so excited and ready to go!!

Get answers to your questions about Ocho Rios
Recent Conversations