We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which one should we choose???

North Arlington...
Level Contributor
353 posts
Save Topic
which one should we choose???

We'll be at SGR for a family wedding in April. We'll only be there for 4 nights and have a pretty full schedule already. I am interested in a couples massage, candlelight dinner on the beach or a private cabana. We'll only have the time & extra funds to do one. Which one should we splurge on and why???

Florida City...
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which one should we choose???

Private Cabana last longer,a massage is just for a couple of minutes and candlelight dinner is just for a few hours "Private Caban" i would choose

North Arlington...
Level Contributor
353 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: which one should we choose???

Thanks! That's the one that I was leaning towards!

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,150 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: which one should we choose???

I'd choose the cabana, too! They will bring your drinks and lunch to you, so you can sit there all day if you want.

A private dinner is the same food you'd get at the restaurants, and you can eat with your feet in the sand at Neptune's.

I am not a spa person, so that's why I'd rule that one out. You get a short massage with the cabana rental, too. :)

North Arlington...
Level Contributor
353 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: which one should we choose???

The cabana sounds like just what I'm looking for. That's my favorite part of a tropical vacation, and all of that is included at my favorite resort in Mexico. How much extra does something like that cost here?

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: which one should we choose???

What is SGR?

North Arlington...
Level Contributor
353 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: which one should we choose???

SGR = Sandals Grande Riviera

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,150 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: which one should we choose???

It is $125 from 8am-4pm I think. You can book them ahead of time. I recommend one of the ones on the beach. You can lay and watch the waves. :)

Tully, New York
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
766 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: which one should we choose???

According to the "live chat' on the Sandals web site the cabanas on the beach side are for 9 to 5. $75 gets you "cocktail" service, $125 would also get you a 30 minute neck and back massage.

Though I don't know if she was right about the Manor side which she said was 1st come 1st serve and no cost. I thought they charge on the Manor side but that was before the renovations so I could be wrong on that.

When in doubt I always send an e-mail and save the response (or hard copy if you don't take your computer with you).

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,150 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: which one should we choose???

@Tully I do not trust a word Sandals chat people say! They have lied to me several times before, and I had it in writing. Biggest one was telling me the Great House was open when it was closed for renovations in 2011!

That being said, I had never heard about the $75 option for the cabanas before, but I think that would be a nice option. That is a really steep increase for the massage though. However, mine was only like 5 minutes. Perhaps they made it longer now to justify the higher price?

And in November, Butler guests still had to pay for the Beach Club cabanas so that it was fair to everyone. Butler and Concierge guests could reserve the Manor cabanas in advance for free, and no service came along with those. They were also first come first served if you were there first. This may be changing with the villa side going all Butler as well. There is another post going right now with someone who is on resort. Several changes are taking place over the next few weeks regarding the villas/Butler situation, so I cannot be sure.

Tully, New York
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
766 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: which one should we choose???

BSBgirl, I totally agree with you about getting misinformation. And when I can't find info on things I am interested in say on the website, I have used the chat people but then follow up with an e-mail to the GM of the resort. I will print a copy and take it with me, though I haven't had to use it in the past. I usually get satisfaction with issues by just talking to a manager on site.

I always try to been calm and reasonable, especially at first, and always state exactly what I want to satisfy me. Many are instructed to listen but not offer alternatives but may have the authority to give you what you want if you tell them.

Edited: 02 February 2013, 13:14
Get answers to your questions about Ocho Rios
Recent Conversations