We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ochi Beach Club

Which Ocho Rios hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Iowa
Level Contributor
106 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Ochi Beach Club

We have not been back to SGR since the remodel of the beach club. There have been posts where some people comment on the music and atmosphere there. Some like it, some don't. Just curious. Can somebody explain the music, vibe to me? Looking forward to it either way. Four months from today!!!!!!!

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,108 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ochi Beach Club

It is pretty much pop music, but it's remixes so they all play together with no gaps. Off the top of my head, I remember Kayne and Katy Perry ET, Britney Spears End of the World, and Backstreet Boys (me remember BSB, lol!) Straight Through My Heart. This is just what's coming to me. They play on a loop, so you might hear the same song over the trip, but not more than once a day. It is not really loud. You can still have conversations at the pool bar. You can hear it while you eat at Mariner's, but there must be speakers over there, too, because I don't remember it ever being super loud at the bar area. I know there are speakers over there.

Tully, New York
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
750 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ochi Beach Club

Hi girl,

I was always wondering where the BSB came from. :-)

My big question is why don't they play more reggae? Just me i guess.

Ocala, Florida
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios, Negril, Montego Bay
Level Contributor
2,195 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ochi Beach Club

Tully ---my husband's only complaint with SGR is that they do not play enough Reggae. We heard from other guests saying the same thing. The music can get loud at the beach club---depending on the crowd and whether they can get the bartender to turn it up.

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,108 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ochi Beach Club

I honestly don't think I've heard any reggae while we're there. Aside from theme nights where live singers have sang it, but I have never heard it on CD, etc. I hear it on the bus ride there and back.

I don't remember the Beach Club ever being loud, but I enjoy music, too, so it probably wouldn't bother me. However, I know we could hear well enough to have conversations. When Jamie's becomes a night club at 10pm, we leave because it is so loud that we can't talk or order a drink. That is too loud IMO.

Port Richey, Florida
Level Contributor
823 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ochi Beach Club

I used to hear some Reggae back in the day at the Riveria Pool. I have said number of times play the music of the Island not our crap back in the USA. lol

Anyway, Some of the stuff at Jamies they play gives me one big headache. I think in the past I have had to ask to turn down the music at the Beach Club because could not have conversation at the pool. I do enjoy the entertainment though when they have singers come in with Island songs and also the Steel Drummers, they are wonderful!

Minnesota
Level Contributor
148 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ochi Beach Club

I would have liked to have heard a lot more reggae too! I got tired of the pop music. I talked to a lot of people when we were there who felt the same way. I wonder what the best way is to relay that to management?

Port Richey, Florida
Level Contributor
823 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ochi Beach Club

I have told management many times in person each year. They say they play the pop stuff because that is what they hear requested from the guests, but I don't know from who???? Never heard a guest say that.

Iowa
Level Contributor
106 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ochi Beach Club

I am sure we'll be fine either way but I was curious. I did like the reggae music that always seemed to be playing around the pool in Negril. Looking forward to seeing what's new at SGR!

Ocala, Florida
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios, Negril, Montego Bay
Level Contributor
2,195 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ochi Beach Club

We did hear a lot of Reggae by the Riviera pool, so we spent our afternoons there --- they also have 2 great bartenders there ---Bishop and Andre.

10. Re: Ochi Beach Club

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2014, 05:15