We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions so far!!

british columbia
Level Contributor
29 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Questions so far!!

Staying at the SJG, if you had a 730 a.m. departure would skip your free transfer and hire a private driver so maybe we wouldn't have to leave so early? and if so, how do we find a private driver when we are there.

Does the SJG have snorkles and masks to use? and would you see much different snorkling at resort versus a snorkle tour?

Does Dunn's falls rent water ahoes or do you have to buy them?just thinking one less thing to pack.

How much would you tip the maid a day? and would you just leave it on the pillow?

When you walk out of the SJG is it obvious where to go shopping or do we need directions?

Is there much of a difference private driver versus taxi ?

Smiths Falls...
Level Contributor
134 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Questions so far!!

I can't answer you questions regarding SRG, but yes you can rent or buy water shoes for Dunns' River Falls. But we packed our own - try Walmart or Canadian Tire. It's wise to wear water shoes when swimming in the ocean anyways - particularly after a windy or stormy day. My husband stepped on a sea urchin and it's very painful - it's like stepping on a porcupine!

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,640 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Questions so far!!

I'd recommend taking your own snorkel gear, wherever you stay. Most resorts that have it, either have a time limit on the amount of time you can use it or only have so many sets and it they are all checked out, you are out of luck. Taking your own lets you use it when you want and for how long you want. Not to mention the fact that you have control over how your snorkel and mask are sanitized...

Dunn's rents shoes, but it's best to have your own anyhow.

As far as a private transfer vs. the free transfer to me it would depend on what time the free one said they were going to pick you up and then what time the private one was going to pick you up and how much it would cost.

3. Re: Questions so far!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2014, 06:17