We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Butler Service Sandals Grande Riviera

Which Ocho Rios hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lexington
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Topic
Butler Service Sandals Grande Riviera

Hi, my fiance' and I are getting married at Grande Riviera in April. We have booked the Honeymoon Bougainvillea Hideaway Villa, which is now Butler service. We are very independent people, therefore Im not really sure what to ask the butlers to do. If anyone could give me insight on what the butlers will do for us and some of the special requests we could make. It would greatly appreciated. Also has anyone stayed in this room? If so how was it? Thanks

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
2,152 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Butler Service Sandals Grande Riviera

Have you taken a look at the Sandals web site page that describes fully the standard things a Butler will do for you? That's a good place to start.

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
357 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Butler Service Sandals Grande Riviera

Hi David- First of all- congratulations! My husband and I were married at Sandals Negril, celebrated our 1 year at Sandals Whitehouse, and will be celebrating our 2nd year at SGR- also staying the same category as you are. We had never done a trip like this before our wedding, and as you can tell, it's addicting. It was just the two of us, and we have never regretted our decision to go off alone and make the entire week about us! :)

There are many experts here who will likely have much more specific info for you as it applies to SGR, but I can offer this- we had butlers in Negril, and we were feeling the same as you and your fiance, and it was odd at first, but we really enjoyed having the service. The best was when he brought us to the room and before leaving asked if he could get us anything- I sheepishly asked for some sliced limes, and he laughed, reminding me to ask for anything, that it was my wedding, I should be taken care of- both of our butlers could tell we were a little uncomfortable with the whole thing, but put us at ease immediately.

It is my understanding that at SGR the butlers do not reserve loungers- which was my favorite about Negril since it's smaller- but, it seems this is a non-issue at SGR anyway. Another great thing was restaurant reservations... some restaurants are reservation only and your butler will take care of making those for you so it's just a matter of telling him/her which days and which times you'd like.

Your butler will also make your snorkeling reservations for you, excursion reservations for you if you wish to go on any, can make suggestions if you want to go shopping or do other off resort trips- including calling the taxi for you, etc... And in Negril (which, again, much smaller and I'm guessing the butlers there had less clients so I'm not sure it would be the same?) would be waiting with cocktails every time we returned from anything... He ironed my husband's wedding shirt, he delivered the cheese/cracker plate we liked to have while getting ready for dinner each evening, he made sure I had bottled waters no matter where we hanging out since the bars do not have bottled water. I mean, I could go on and on about the little things. Honestly, they just make it easier. You'll have a cell phone to reach them, and they are there to make your trip a wonderful experience.

You can leave their tip on your card when you check out, but we took cash and a card to write a thank you to give them at the end of your trip when you say goodbye- which will not be easy. I'm friends with ours on facebook! :)

Again, I've not been to SGR, and I am sure BSBgirl and some of the other experts can give you more specific SGR info, but you will enjoy the extra care- and take advantage of it- it's your wedding!!! Best Wishes!!!!

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,102 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Butler Service Sandals Grande Riviera

Thanks Travelfoodwine! I was just about to post something! LOL!

We have always stayed in that room, but it was never Butler before (just started 2/15) We plan to go back later this year, and we have never had a use for a Butler either. But I have started to think of some things we'd like. You can pick the liquor in your room, so we want "better" stuff like Appleton Estate, and Jack Daniels. We will request that. And I always wish we had snacks in the room, so I think we're going to request cheese and crackers and fruit plates for the afternoons. Just something to nibble on before dinner. And, I think we're going to spend a day at our villa pool (we normally only spend a few hours because we get hungry) so we might have our Butlers bring us breakfast and lunch that day. I might have them bring us breakfast one day, but I actually like going down to the buffet, so I don't think I'd make that a regular thing.

I definitely don't want them to unpack my luggage or run me a bath. Those are just not things I'm interested in. They can bring you lunch while you're at the pool, or bring you some drinks, etc. I'm sure you'll find something for them to do. :)

If you want to see some pictures of the room, I have them on my facebook fan page. I take tons of pictures, but pics of the room are normally the first few of the album.

https:/…179766952072250

Lexington
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Butler Service Sandals Grande Riviera

Thanks, I i agree I would rather handle my own underwear. I think it will be easy enough to ask for things. I'm really wondering if there are any tips to get the most out of the butler. Do you know any nice spots on resort you would recommend?

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,102 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Butler Service Sandals Grande Riviera

Getting the most our of your butler would be personal to each couple I would think. Some people probably use their Butler all day long. I wouldn't like that, and I don't want them unpacking for me, and running baths for me. I would say, if there's something you want, you can ask your Butler. That would probably be getting the most out of it. You will have a cell phone to reach them, too. And they can drive you from your villa to the lobby.

And go see lookout point at the top of the Manor hill. Great view of the ocean! And have drinks at Kelly's on the pier during the day.

Lexington
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Butler Service Sandals Grande Riviera

Thanks

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
2,152 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Butler Service Sandals Grande Riviera

David R: One thought for you and using the Butler that I don't think has been mentioned yet...if you have any problems or issues, big or small, your Butler is your go too person for resolution. They will, in turn, run interference for you with other resort staff to get the problem or issue resolved. Hope you never have to use them for this.

Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Butler Service Sandals Grande Riviera

I am also getting married this april and this resort same room cat an everything! Cant wait! Thanks everybody fo the info!

Lexington
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Butler Service Sandals Grande Riviera

When in April are you there?

Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Butler Service Sandals Grande Riviera

April4-11 we cant wait! How about you guys?