We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AirTran to Montego Bay...

Which Ocho Rios hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lancaster...
Level Contributor
114 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
AirTran to Montego Bay...

just curious..

I have flown before, but have never flown or worked with Airtran. I went to their website today & the rates seem about the same but curious.. anything different with this airline? or anything to know regarding it? I will be booking through Sandals & lately it seems that Airtran is at the top of the list with cheaper rates.

any info in appreciated.

thx

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,066 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: AirTran to Montego Bay...

We alternate between AirTran and JetBlue to MBJ, depending on price. We prefer JetBlue for more comfortable seating, in flght TV and better customer service but AirTran has a modern fleet and is just fine. They are now part of Southwest and I have noticed an improvement in customer service already.

We are flying them to MBJ in July again.

Rehoboth Beach...
Level Contributor
4,622 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: AirTran to Montego Bay...

We fly out of BWI or PHL to Jamaica at least once per year on Air Tran. They are a really nice airline. Never any problems and they are always on time

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
2,204 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: AirTran to Montego Bay...

We've flown AirTran a few times ourselves...never any issues for us. Customer service, cleanliness of planes, politeness of flight attendants all OK with us.

Maryland
Level Contributor
985 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: AirTran to Montego Bay...

We fly Air Tran out of BWI. They took over the old Air Jamaica time slots. You arrive in MB before noon and leave late in the afternoon. They are much more reliable than AJ.

Ocala, Florida
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios, Negril, Montego Bay
Level Contributor
2,195 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: AirTran to Montego Bay...

We always fly Jet Blue --- but I looked in to Air Tran for this coming July. The flight was cheaper but when you added the cost in for the luggage the price was about the same so we are going to stick with Jet Blue.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,066 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: AirTran to Montego Bay...

We carry on bags so luggage costs do not impact our total.

Iowa
Level Contributor
106 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: AirTran to Montego Bay...

Have never used AirTran to MB but we have flown them several times to other locations and have always had great experiences. In fact, we got stuck in Atlanta on a Delta flight onetime and ended up purchasing AirTran one way tickets to get home.

I just considered them for this trip but the USAir flights priced out cheaper from our airport of choice.

If their schedule and price works for you I wouldn't hesitate.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,112 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: AirTran to Montego Bay...

We're from Atl and have flown Air Tran quite a few times to MBJ without any problems. As has been noted, Most of the Air Tran planes are a bit newer than Deltas, but thats about it. Biggest reason we like Air Tran is once AT starts service to any airport, Delta immediately drops the price, if they are already servicing that area. IF Air Tran pulls out, the prices go thru the roof!!!

9. Re: AirTran to Montego Bay...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 March 2014, 05:18