We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Ocho Rios - Wifi

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
92 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Riu Ocho Rios - Wifi

I have done a search but can't find many latest reports.Can anyone confirm the wifi situaiton at Club Riu Ocho Rios?

Is it available in the rooms and if so what is the cost? Is it any good for streaming movies etc.

Thanks

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
160 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riu Ocho Rios - Wifi

If you have booked a standard room you can have 90 min continuous wifi access in the lobby free a day. You can not log on and off. If you book a Jr Suite or higher (Deluxe side) wifi is free in your suite and I have also heard @ the pool. This will be our first time staying @ the Riu I do not know this first hand.

Edited: 06 April 2013, 22:08
Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Riu Ocho Rios - Wifi

You are correct about the WiFi. We had a deluxe room ( 2 weeks Jan- Feb 2013) and had no problem using the WiFi on our ipad. We were also able to access it at the pool on the deluxe side, as well as the beach area on the deluxe side. In the lobby we used some of the 90 minutes free, but after signing off before using all the 90 minutes werenot allowed to get back in that day.

The first attempt at the resort we could not sign in, but after one quick phone call to the the desk, a very friendly lady told my husband what to do. You do have to resign in every 24 hours. Just takes a couple minutes.

Hope this helps - Happy Holidays!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
92 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Riu Ocho Rios - Wifi

Excellent, thank you for the replies.

Was there an option to pay for more usage?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
92 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Riu Ocho Rios - Wifi

I also emailed the hotel and here is the response for those who may be interested

In reference to your email, I wish to inform you that we do have wi fi access within the hotel.

In the deluxe rooms we have free wi fi access in the rooms ,deluxe pool area and deluxe lobby area.

For the standard rooms you would have to purchase the time codes at the reception desk .

Time Codes

1 hour time reducer is $9.00USD

24 consecutive hours $15.00USD

3 consecutive days $30.00USD

7 consecutive days $50.00USD

In the main lobby area we have free wi access for 90 minutes per day per devices.

Please take a device which you can be able to have access eg.(Laptop,Blackberry etc.).

5. Re: Riu Ocho Rios - Wifi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 April 2014, 05:15