We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

a few questions

Racine, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
12 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
a few questions

My husband and I traveled to sandals RC in nov of 03 for our honeymoon.

we will be going to SGR dec 27-jan 3rd for our 10 year anniversary. I reserved a ocean's edge concierge room. first do they really keep your boozed stocked?

is there a way of calling sandals and insisting not to be upgraded? we picked this room for a reason and it's what we want.

we like to party and have a good time, another couple may be with us (they have never really traveled anywhere)

when we went to RC almost 10 years ago it was half under renovation but we still had fun and enjoyed our honeymoon.

I have been reading many mixed reviews on tripadvisor. SOme love SGR some hate it. I mostly see issues with wrong rooms, things not being stocked in conceirge rooms and food issues.

One more thing. is there a coffee pot in your room or any walk up coffee in the morning? we both love and need our coffee before breakfast.

thank you so much for your help

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,142 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: a few questions

SGR is HUGE compared to SRC! And there's much more going on. It will be better for you since you like to party. There's always something going on somewhere! :)

Yes, they restock your liquor. They come everyday and fill your fridge. You'll have pop, juice, water, beer, champagne and wine. They replace what you drank. If you need more between fillings, you can ask. And they will refill your liquor bottles, too. I think they give you a new one when yours is below half empty.

You can request to not be upgraded before arrival, and once you get there, you can double check before they take you to your room. If you have a ta, they can make the request before you go. If not, you can call and request.

We LOVE SGR! It is our favorite place! It is big, which some people don't like, but we love it. There's lots of pools, bars and restaurants, so there's always a different place to go. If you're there a week, you can't even eat at all the restaurants. Everyone has different likes and dislikes, but if you've researched it, and it sounds like a place you'll like, you're gonna like it.

Yes, there's coffee in your room, and they will have it at breakfast, too.

Racine, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
12 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: a few questions

Thank you so much. I can't wait for december to get here.

Iowa
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: a few questions

Another hint is that if you are at a bar and you know you need more to drink tell the bartenders that you want a bottle of champange to go for your room. They will tell you that they won't do it but they will. You can get the bottle and glasses to go! :) SGR is fun and always something to do! We now stay local but that is because of different reasons. I like to feel like i can come and go when i please :) Enjoy your trip and you will have a blast!!!

4. Re: a few questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 April 2014, 07:16