We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals Royal Plantation - Elevator

Which Ocho Rios hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sandals Royal Plantation - Elevator

We have booked an anniversary trip in October in the St Ann Honeymoon Suite with the Verandeh. I was told by the travel agent that the resort did have elevators to all the rooms. Now upon reading I see that there may only be one. Not exactly sure what floor these suites are on and I have no problem climbing stairs; however if we are on an upper level, I don't want to be runnning up and down stairs all day, if needed. Any help is most appreciated.

Richmond, Texas
Level Contributor
1,255 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandals Royal Plantation - Elevator

I haven't been there, but we have the same room booked there next year. I have read that the elevator is in the west wing, the same building where the St Ann Verandah is located.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
152 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandals Royal Plantation - Elevator

We stayed in the same suite last December. It's beautiful! And the verandah is huge--we spent a lot of time out there. The elevator is in the west wing (where you will be) but in a very inconvenient location.

If you can, try and request your room on the 2nd floor. It is just down the hall from the main restaurant. Very convenient and no stairs to get there.

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,501 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandals Royal Plantation - Elevator

The St. Ann Honeymoon Oceanfront Verandah Suite is in the West Wing on the 1st, 2nd & 3rd floors. We were at SRP in January and I specifically booked a room category (Royal Greathouse) to ensure we would be in the West Wing as I need to use an elevator rather than doing stairs several times a day (East Wing does not have an elevator). It just happened that the elevator was out of order for a few days while we were there, but our room was on the 2nd floor and as carlyle10 mentions...it was an easy walk to the main restaurants.

And you don't sacrifice a view by staying on the lower floors either...we had a great view as the beach is a whole other level below. Just be advised that there are a number of stairs to get to the beach area.

Haverhill...
Level Contributor
3,872 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandals Royal Plantation - Elevator

TP - Does the elevator go down to the beach level? We booked the Royal Greathouse room as well to ensure the West Wing.

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,501 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sandals Royal Plantation - Elevator

Winnekini...here is a pic of the West Wing...I've put a red arrow to mark the opening to the hallway which has the elevator. From the elevator, there is still an outdoor flight of stairs to get down to the beach. The resort is lovely...but I wouldn't have been able to manage all the stairs numerous times each day had I been on a higher floor without use of the elevator. I was so happy our room was on the same level as the main restaurant.

https:/…

6. Re: Sandals Royal Plantation - Elevator

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2014, 05:17