We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scotchies

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
100 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Scotchies

Hi Everyone,

We will be staying at SGR in September and would like to visit Scotchies during the day as we have never been.

Is it within walking distance or is it best to hire a taxi? If we do hire a taxi are there any near by attractions we should visit on our trip?

United States
Level Contributor
11,494 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Scotchies

Sandals Grande Ocho Rios Beach & Villa Resort is 6 or 7 miles from Scotchies. Sandals Grande Ocho Rios Beach & Villa Resort is on the east side of Ocho Rios and Scotchies is west of Ocho Rios at Mammee Bay. You need to take a taxi.

Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Scotchies

Vinnie is correct, it takes about 18 mins by car. A cab my cost $35 round trip. Along the way you will be passing Mystic Mountain, Dolphin Cove and Dunn's River Falls.

Iowa
Level Contributor
1,784 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Scotchies

You can get a cab to Scotchies much cheaper!!!! While you could do it cheaper I would not pay more than 10$ each way at most..Some places if you book a tour with them a trip there is included. check out www.ochoriosjamaicatours.com Peat Taylor Tours Usually includes this in his tours. Great prices and over 30 years as a family business.

Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Scotchies

Welcome back Wrecked!

Thunder Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
45 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Scotchies

Cant believe these people 35 bucks for a cab .......I have never paid 35 buck unless I want to go to mo bay lol get a better driver and pay less ur getting screwed

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
153 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Scotchies

What dates are you going in September? My hubby and I will be there the 7-14.

Angela

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
100 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Scotchies

We will be there the week after. 16th to the 23rd. Enjoy your stay though, save some booze for me!

8. Re: Scotchies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 July 2014, 05:16