We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon Couple- Montego Bay, Negril, or Ocho Rios??

Emmaus, Pennsylvania
2 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon Couple- Montego Bay, Negril, or Ocho Rios??

We are sitting here going back and forth about which Sandals to choose in Jamaica for our May honeymoon... we are a couple in our 30's looking for the best combination of relaxation, nightlife, dancing, social atmosphere, and adventure. We would like to have days lying on the beach followed by nights partying with some other couples. which Sandals is the best for us?

Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon Couple- Montego Bay, Negril, or Ocho Rios??

Why Sandals, you can have your pick in Ocho Rios.

Jewels Dunn's River

Couples Ocho Rios

Sans Souci

Take a look at those and you might be pleasantly surprised..........

New England
Level Contributor
2,463 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon Couple- Montego Bay, Negril, or Ocho Rios??

We are going to Sandals next may/June. We chose Grande Riviera, Ocho Rios for all the reasons you stated. We want action but also the chance for private moments around the large property. I think SGR has the best of both. Here's what I think based on my research:

SGR cons: 1 1/2 hour trip from MoBay. Smaller beach. Mediocre dives and snorkel (depending on your previous experience). For some, the trip from one side of resort to other. Not all rooms are beachfront nor beach view.

SGR pros: overall price. Lots of activities, esp. golf. Lots of room choices. Private beach, no vendors. Large enough to make your own space, but socialize when you want, too. Lots of restaurant choices. Lots of returning guests.

MoBay Pros: within minutes from airport. Lots of loyal guests. Stay at one, play at three. Many beach front rooms.

MoBay cons: can see/hear airplanes. (Otherwise, we'd go here. Many people don't seem to mind this) decor may be older, more comfortable than some like.

Negril pros: beautiful beach! Laid back vibe.

Negril cons: public beach=vendors can "get old" when you are relaxing. I read some rooms are right on the property line and road, very noisy. About 1 1/2 hr drive from MoBay.

It really depends on the overall amenities and feel of which resort you want. Spend a lot of time researching these boards. Look at reviews of each resort and decide what is really important to you on your vacation.

We will be going to sandals because my boyfriend is a Sandals Select member. But even without that, I feel sandals is really the most for your money. Lots of people are brand loyal; I just want a cost effective, super fun resort, and that's how I found SGR.

Many resorts have Facebook fan pages with insider info too. The SGR site is a wonderful resource for many of the sandals resorts.

Happy Travels!

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
937 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon Couple- Montego Bay, Negril, or Ocho Rios??

Couples San Souci. It was magical even for our 10 year anniversary where we re-newed our vows.

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,154 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon Couple- Montego Bay, Negril, or Ocho Rios??

Which Sandals is jumping out at you? That is probably your best bet. We picked SGR years ago because it was the largest, had the most pools, restaurants and bars, and we wanted lots of variety of things to do. We've been to most of the Sandals now, and SGR still remains our favorite. It's great for everything you listed except maybe dancing. There's never much dancing going on when we're there. The most dancing I did was on the catamaran to Dunn's River. Still, I love SGR!

5. Re: Honeymoon Couple- Montego Bay, Negril, or Ocho Rios??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2014, 05:17