We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wifi at SGR

Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Wifi at SGR

Does anybody know how well the wifi works? I was looking into using my Skype to call home to check on the kiddos but not sure how well the wifi works. It is included in our room package.

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,151 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wifi at SGR

It works fine. I didn't try to skype, but it works fine for facebook and emails. If necessary, you can upgrade to the higher level of wifi for $16.99 a day for $42.99 a week.

There is also a free app that just started 6/20 where you can call home to a landline for free. That is still new so I don't know how well it's working.

Tully, New York
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
767 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wifi at SGR

I never Skyped either but the speed was not a big issue for me. Not as fast as I am used to but it work just fine without having to pay the extra.

Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wifi at SGR

A less expensive option would be to get a local cell number (lime chip) and pay as you go for your calls.

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,250 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wifi at SGR

The free WIFI at the Jamaica Sandals has been very good for us during our last three Sandals trips this year. I have used both Skype and Facetime and find it the best way for us to communicate with home. No need to pay the upgrade fee.

5. Re: Wifi at SGR

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2014, 07:18